Esteemed Contributor

There will always turnover, but we have no idea at all that anyone is being blamed.  HR might, not us.

Respected Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

My mother is age 85.  She watches just for the "background" noise.  Will buy occasionally.

For me, I fear the newer younger hosts when they speak...their voices are so fast and reverberating, honestly, they could possibly trigger a seizure in some people!   And I am not trying to be humorous.

Jane T is almost 60 and speaks at a rapid pace- so much so, along with personal and cloying chatter I cannot watch her. That said I have not watched a full hour of QVC in years and don't know many of the new hosts I see by name. The woman I see at noon- have no clue what her name is. 

Respected Contributor

People get bored easily with routines. I’m guessing brick and mortar shopping will see a significant surge once the vaccines are out to the general population. It will be a novelty to drive to stores and see all the “new” on display on shelves and racks rather than seeing the same QVC top from the last three years in a another shade of blue. Then the hassle of the driving and parking and time spent shuffling bags and kids will dim the luster of B&M shopping, the dust will settle (so to speak), and we’ll see where the shopping pendulum strikes a balance.

Respected Contributor

QVC will never get the 2-30 yr old market of buyers. They aren't going to buy cr** looking clothing from D&CO or be interested in SG or layering like mad with Lori Goldstein.  QVC is so dated with their merchandise & ugly shoes. They need to start from scratch. They need fresh ideas and new clothing lines. Fun and bold home decor (sorry but Valerie's items look like they came from Michael's).  

Trusted Contributor

I can do without nearly ALL of the vendors. 

A few hosts bother me, but they are the "old guard" that many here prefer.  I only watch shows that have items that I am willing to buy online...NO kitchen, garden, mattress, vacuum, or cleaning shows for me.

Respected Contributor

Well blaming it on the hosts is only part of the story. Pricings and the items that QVC is selling also impacts when I watch and what I'm willing to buy. I don't tune in if the host of the show is someone who irritates me. Who needs that? I don't tune in if the product they are selling isn't something I am interested in either and that can be a wide variety of things. I love garden shows but I don't buy plants from QVC very often because my experience has been that I'm better off buying locally.

I agree with the poster about the price of handbags. Plus in one of my pandemic cleaning sprees, I realized just how many handbags I have! Enough that I don't need to buy any more. I like the ones I have so I am shopping my closet so to speak.

I used to enjoy going to the B&M store and browsing to see if there was something I liked but honestly I usually do better these days shopping those same stores online because prior to the pandemic, many stores had downsized so they didn't have as many items in stock.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@depglass wrote:

All three major shopping channels seem to be having problems with sales.  Solution?  Let's blame it on the hosts, demote them or dump them completely.  I think some of these switches are doing more harm than good. Seeing a new face on a line I watch certainly doesn't guarantee my sticking around and not switching the channel. 

What do you think about all the new hosts and the missing familiar faces?

If I see a product I like, the host will not keep me from purchasing. I think sales have slowed down because people are out of work and struggling to buy essentials like food.

Trusted Contributor

@MercyMe7 wrote:

My mother is age 85.  She watches just for the "background" noise.  Will buy occasionally.

For me, I fear the newer younger hosts when they speak...their voices are so fast and reverberating, honestly, they could possibly trigger a seizure in some people!   And I am not trying to be humorous.

A seizure? That is a little dramatic.Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

STALE hosts, vendor and products. The Q is struggling to keep an audience. First they cut out night shows. They cut down hosts. Bring back lots of new, interesting products and informative hosts to sell them. How long can a human being watch Dooney&Burke, JMoran, It cosmetics? Surely, the CEO has figured this out and will do something... 

Esteemed Contributor

Even tho there are many hosts I canNOT watch, what lost me is lack of quality, high prices and shipping, receiving defective products.   I decided it was worth my while to go to local stores where I could see, feel, and inspect items before I pay money for them.  What a concept!

Of course, with Covid out there, I haven't been inside stores to shop.  But there are local stores that I trust and I order from them for curbside pick-up.   No shipping charges.  The good thing is that I'm saving huge amounts of money.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt