Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I dont watch any shopping network often, there are some hosts I really like. Most of

the time I just watch if there is something that interests me, sometime with the volume down! What makes me not buy is the prices and even if it seems a good deal, once I add the SH and Tax it is many times a big no for me!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  I think the hosts of whom you speak are the ones they hope are appealing to the younger audience.  Maybe they do, who knows since we don't see the sales figures?  I have noticed that I never see the "old guard" of posters asking, "where's  Shawn?"

@Kachina624 

Yep, the "busy mom" kinda hosts---Q's "target demographic" ......but they seem to be missing the target 😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I cannot imagine, blaming my Decision to buy, or not buy, on a host.  

I have birthday, 49, coming up soon. I'm an adult, making my own choices.  I have hosts, that I enjoy more than others, but, I'm watching, because the product interests me.  

I've never had a host bother me, to the point of not watching a show, I wanted to watch.  

I certainly, don't wish any host, to be demoted, much less terminated.  They're strangers, on TV, doing a job.  To wish them misfortune, because I might not enjoy their style, strikes me as odd! 

I'm one person, with one opinion. I'll let QVC handle their staffing decisions.  It's old, it's overused, yes, it can be annoying.  It's also very true; if we don't enjoy a show, we can simply not watch. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

What's the point of watching?  You still have to come online to find details.  

Why spend two hours watching a show when you can review all the items in five minutes?

@ALRATIBA 

But I find  on many items on the webisite to be scarce on product details and information (mostly sales "fluff) and a lot of customer unanswered questions too---the same questions as I have...So I want to see and hear what the vendor has to say, that's why I watch....And sometimes while the general sizing info is there for clothing, the actual garment info has been missing on many items ......And on clothes you get a better idea of the fit seeing it on the models too.....(that is if they have the right sized models out there...)  And if you wait for a video to be posted the size and color you are wanting might not be there....and not all website items has video either....This is why I watch...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@depglass   I do not blame the hosts.   I like some more than others, but that has always been true.

As for using just vendors - I could list many vendors I would not care to watch, maybe more vendors than hosts.

Respected Contributor

Re: Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

What's the point of watching?  You still have to come online to find details.  

Why spend two hours watching a show when you can review all the items in five minutes?

I think this is true for many former viewers, me included. A few items might sell out during a show but I’ll take that chance. I loved silver style and watched those shows but that was long ago. I don’t use QVC as background noise nor do I watch shows on food, mattresses, electronics, vacuums, green juice, purses, or beauty. I have a few brands I like and check online. 

Esteemed Contributor

For me there's  abt 4 Hosts that I can sit through, all the rest forget it as I do not have time to waste on hearing nonsense.  The issue I see is that many items very overpriced  even the  handbags/totes that are made of  nylon . QVC  needs to check it's prices  as they are in the category of Khols, Amazon , Walmart.  Example today's totes  A396007

for $89  saying  all 3 pieces are worth over $240 dollars  or that other  nylon bag that Amy Stran was highly promoting for $89 .

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass  I welcome new hosts if they know their stuff. have a problem with hosts who either don't do their homework and/or are completely ignorant of what they are selling. Watching someone who now has a regular garden show stumble their way through a presentation is painful. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

I cannot imagine, blaming my Decision to buy, or not buy, on a host.  

I have birthday, 49, coming up soon. I'm an adult, making my own choices.  I have hosts, that I enjoy more than others, but, I'm watching, because the product interests me.  

I've never had a host bother me, to the point of not watching a show, I wanted to watch.  

I certainly, don't wish any host, to be demoted, much less terminated.  They're strangers, on TV, doing a job.  To wish them misfortune, because I might not enjoy their style, strikes me as odd! 

I'm one person, with one opinion. I'll let QVC handle their staffing decisions.  It's old, it's overused, yes, it can be annoying.  It's also very true; if we don't enjoy a show, we can simply not watch. 

@SuhseK Well, "here's the thing," with me anyway.  I don't NEED anything.  But I like the Denim & Co., Susan Graver, and Isaac Mizrahi clothing lines.  I buy because I watch and subsequently buy something that I want, not something that I need, or something that I would even search for online.  So that is my issue, or really, more of my problem.  The problem for QVC is that I bet there are a lot of shoppers like me.  And if there are hosts that shoppers won't watch, surely there are lost sales.  So if one of the two or three hosts are hosting a show I would otherwise watch and buy from, I change the channel and don't know what I missed.  That being said, we all have hosts we like, and it is different for everyone.  I doubt there is any one host who would appeal to all the people watching.  Sometimes I am actually glad there is a host on that I don't like, because then I change the channel and won't be tempted.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt, I feel your post made a lot of sense about seeing how they do after the pandemic.  I was watching the business news and they are anticipating people getting out and doing what they're calling "revenge shopping".........people are so tired of being home and cooped up that they expect retail B&M to do extremely well later this year.  

I understand it will only be the stores that survived but I am hopeful some will come back and this occurs for people.  It will help with employment also. 

As far as the hosts being to blame, some of that might be justified.  The ones who aren't interested in giving you the information you require for a purchase and the unpreparedness of some will surely affect sales in one way or another.