Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, well, I won't watch a show that's hosted by someone I don't care for.  Maybe others do the same.

@ValuSkr , I agree, I don't have to watch, I can go to the website.  

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

Most businesses have years that are less profitable, but as Kachina pointed out, QVC is currently not among them. There are several hosts that I favor; David Venable being my all-time favorite.😁

I have connected with them, and made many purchases over the years based on their knowledge of, and demonstration of the products.

Some people like ham and eggs; some people prefer bacon and eggs, but at the end of the day PROFITABILITY is most important. I like some of the new hosts, and wish all the best to those who are pursuing other interests; whether it be of their own accord or not.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

Change is inevitable.  Some QVC hosts have been there forever and are nearing retirement age.  They will one day leave.  Sales determine a person's fate at a home shopping network.  If you don't sell, you don't stay or you get relegated to some god awful slot.  I don't particularly care for the younger hosts, but when I first started watching QVC many decades ago, the hosts were all young and so was I - LOL.  The world has changed.  Long gone are the days when we'd watch a host like Kathy Levine or Jill Bauer present jewelry for three hours.  I used to love Sunday morning silver shows, but I can't imagine watching any of QVC shows for that long now.  I bet a lot of people stop by, check out what's being presented and move on.  Most of my ordering is online.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Lali1 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, well, I won't watch a show that's hosted by someone I don't care for.  Maybe others do the same.

I don't even know many of the hosts but there is one particular that I refuse to watch. 

@Lali1 There are two hosts which are instant channel changers for me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt.  I counted recently and there are 6 hosts i might sit and watch for an hour if the products were of interest.  The others are automatic channel turners.  All of them are unwatchable for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Spurt.  I counted recently and there are 6 hosts i might sit and watch for an hour if the products were of interest.  The others are automatic channel turners.  All of them are unwatchable for me.

@Kachina624 

You're right, sadly there aren't very many good hosts around these days.....and some of the ones Q seems to chose to "highlight" and give the best time slots to have me shaking my head..... and from the decline in apparel and beauty its not sales.....🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt.  I think the hosts of whom you speak are the ones they hope are appealing to the younger audience.  Maybe they do, who knows since we don't see the sales figures?  I have noticed that I never see the "old guard" of posters asking, "where's  Shawn?"

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's price that drive sales up or down not hosts.  $40 and $50 for t-shirts $70 and $80 for stretchy pants  and added shipping is out of line. So many other places offer free shipping after a certain amount spent. 

There are maybe 3 hosts I can watch, the rest just irritate.  I've enough irritation in my life as it is.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

What's the point of watching?  You still have to come online to find details.  

Why spend two hours watching a show when you can review all the items in five minutes?

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

What's the point of watching?  You still have to come online to find details.  

Why spend two hours watching a show when you can review all the items in five minutes?

I dvr shows I have interest in then fast forward through until something I like is shown. Then if I like it I go online to check it out, reviews and such. I do not sit and watch hours and hours of Qvc. Which is why I don't know many of the hosts.