Honored Contributor

Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

All three major shopping channels seem to be having problems with sales.  Solution?  Let's blame it on the hosts, demote them or dump them completely.  I think some of these switches are doing more harm than good. Seeing a new face on a line I watch certainly doesn't guarantee my sticking around and not switching the channel. 

What do you think about all the new hosts and the missing familiar faces?

Honored Contributor

Yes, well, I won't watch a show that's hosted by someone I don't care for.  Maybe others do the same.

Honored Contributor

@depglass I've been saying for awhile eliminate the hosts and just have the vendors present their products.  I honestly don't see what use the hosts have anymore except to tell us how many have been sold, what colors have sold out, etc.  Give each vendor 10 minutes to "sell" their item and move on.

Honored Contributor

@depglass.  Read QVCs annual report to stockholders which is posted in the forum.  They are not having trouble with sales and have been doing fine.  Same for HSN.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, well, I won't watch a show that's hosted by someone I don't care for.  Maybe others do the same.

I don't even know many of the hosts but there is one particular that I refuse to watch. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blame it on the hosts

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but there's a FEW hosts that do a good job that I would like to stay on QVC.... and the ones that annoy me, I turn the channel and don't watch nor buy from...

Let's see how Qurate does after the pandemic is over...also QVC has to wait for host's contracts to come up for renewal before they dismiss them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kachina, then maybe this strategy is working.  Spurt used to post financial info re QVC regularly, although I haven't seen anything from her lately.  There were several dismal years.  I also they are making a vain attempt to reach younger viewers with all the Facebook, etc.  I'm surprised they haven't resorted to Tik Tok.  So who are their customers really,?  I think they look like this board more than Facebook devotees.  And who is on this board?  Retirees (like me) and other older women.  

Esteemed Contributor

If they were to be having problems. I wouldn't blame the hosts- I would look at pricing.

When I watch QVC, it's not for a certain host or hosts.  There are a very few who I like but I don't get upset when they're shifted around.  That's a reality of business.  Plus none of them are really all that new.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@depglass wrote:

Kachina, then maybe this strategy is working.  Spurt used to post financial info re QVC regularly, although I haven't seen anything from her lately.  There were several dismal years.  I also they are making a vain attempt to reach younger viewers with all the Facebook, etc.  I'm surprised they haven't resorted to Tik Tok.  So who are their customers really,?  I think they look like this board more than Facebook devotees.  And who is on this board?  Retirees (like me) and other older women.  

@depglass 

According to CEO Mike George QVC likes to think their customer base is 35 to 65.... I put them more at 45 to 75...JMHO....This is from an interview from Yahoo Finance...."I'm hesitant to put a label on her (the QVC customer), because she's very diverse. Our customer is a 35- to 65-year-old woman with a somewhat above-average income, The sweet spot of the household income level for QVC goes from $50,000 to $250,000."

@banned again posted the financial 4th quarter and year end results for 2020 in the Q Talk thread....she was faster than me than getting it posted....😄

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

My mother is age 85.  She watches just for the "background" noise.  Will buy occasionally.

For me, I fear the newer younger hosts when they speak...their voices are so fast and reverberating, honestly, they could possibly trigger a seizure in some people!   And I am not trying to be humorous.