Trusted Contributor

Re: Big day tomorrow on the Q

@Othereeeen  I didn't count the honey's, (migraine inducing) but the incessant touching, hand holding, hugging, and emotional speeches seemed to keep pace. Woman Indifferent

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackiejenny wrote:

@Othereeeen  I didn't count the honey's, (migraine inducing) but the incessant touching, hand holding, hugging, and emotional speeches seemed to keep pace. Woman Indifferent

It was hard to tell if it was an anniversary show or if David was being canonized.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just to offer a difference of opinion, I thought David's anniversary show was nice and quite enjoyable to watch. Jane is always at least a little over the top, so that was to be expected, but I felt that she really did have a couple of special moments with David and was genuine in her sentiments. And even more importantly, I thought the vendor reps and special guests who participated also had genuine, heartfelt memories to share that made the show a little less about David as a host and a little more about David as a person. It's easy to be jaded by all the craziness and hard selling that happens on air, but this show seemed like a true expression of how much David's co-workers care about him and their happiness for his success.

Contributor

I agree with @loriqvc
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc,

Thank you for that.

I met David and his mother at Barnes and Noble one year. I was buying his cookbook for a friend. He does seem like a genuinely kind person who really enjoys people.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"