Trusted Contributor

Beware the $6.95 return charge when you pay yourself

They do this fairly often. I return something, pay the postage myself and when I check the return online, they have subtracted  the $6.95 from my return.  Yes, they will given it back to you when you call customer service, but I bet many don't notice and are charged twice for return shipping.

Plus I have been paying for heavier items with PayPal because they pay the return shipping up to 6 items a year. Just enroll and when you want to return, FedEx emails you a return label and you just take it to the nearest FedEx location.. I did this for the first time last week---took it to Walgreens where they have drop off and the return has already been processed. Easy Peasy and Quick.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beware the $6.95 return charge when you pay yourself

@geegerbee  - thanks for letting me know about this option.

Trusted Contributor

This has been happening to me for years. I always check my credit on a return. You are right that you can call CS and get a reimbursement for it, but, it is a hassle to have to do that.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, this has happened to me . It looks as though the customer service staff that process the returns subtract $6.95  despite package being return by Priority mail service  as my self pay .  Since QVC does not give you a breakdown on  how they come up with your total for issuing a return , it is not so easy to determine if they  automatically subtracted  their $6.95.  I have caught this and was reimbursed but I have never encountered this by other companies . Can't this be improved.as it is a poor business practice by QVC.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

Yes, this has happened to me . It looks as though the customer service staff that process the returns subtract $6.95  despite package being return by Priority mail service  as my self pay .  Since QVC does not give you a breakdown on  how they come up with your total for issuing a return , it is not so easy to determine if they  automatically subtracted  their $6.95.  I have caught this and was reimbursed but I have never encountered this by other companies . Can't this be improved.as it is a poor business practice by QVC.

@skatting44  This has been going on for years, QVC corporate is well aware of it, and it still continues. It is much worse than a bad business practice, it is "unjust enrichment" for QVC. That is, they are charging you to their own enrichment for something  you didn't use. I've often considered contacting the PA attorney general's office about this. But then CS fixes it for me and I drop the issue---- again.. QVC is aware of this and lets it continue year after year, making a lot of money from customers who don't catch the error.i have found it happens more on jewelry returns at that warehouse than it does on clothing returns.  This really does need to STOP.

Honored Contributor

This is one of the reasons I never order anything unless I am sure I won’t have to return it. I will usually sell it or pass it on to a friend rather than return it. That’s prob why they charge this; to discourage returns.
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

They do this fairly often. I return something, pay the postage myself and when I check the return online, they have subtracted  the $6.95 from my return.  Yes, they will given it back to you when you call customer service, but I bet many don't notice and are charged twice for return shipping.

Plus I have been paying for heavier items with PayPal because they pay the return shipping up to 6 items a year. Just enroll and when you want to return, FedEx emails you a return label and you just take it to the nearest FedEx location.. I did this for the first time last week---took it to Walgreens where they have drop off and the return has already been processed. Easy Peasy and Quick.

@geegerbee Thanks for posting. I didn't know Fed Ex did this for PayPal.  I tried once to email the invoice to PP showing them I was sending it back and it wouldn't go through so I didn't do it again.

Honored Contributor

Appreciate the info. I will check when my returns are posted. I had to return something because the wrong pattern was sent to me. The day I ordered the top I had to use the phone because our computer was down. I expect a full return charge being given to me  (or my Q.card).

Respected Contributor

I just returned Tina's cookbook yesterday and paid for the shipping myself.  Sent it media mail becuase it's a book and the cost was $3.45.  Quite a difference from $6.95 QVC amount.  I wrote on the invoice a note stating I paid for return shipping myself.  Do not charge me the $6.95.  I will closely monitor my return on-line.

Ladies, keep media mail in mind whenever you're returning a book.  Much less expense.

Honored Contributor

Ive encountered numerous problems with Fed Ex and avoid doing business with them.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”