Frequent Contributor

Beware of "previously recorded" show prices

I ordered a pair of Cuddle Duds PJ's, which was being shown on a previously recorded show. The price on the screen was $26.98, but when I made my purchase, the price was $29.98. It was shown as a "one time only price, however, my understanding is the price on the screen is the price you pay for the item, even though it was a one time only at some point and time. I called QVC not once, but twice requesting an adjustment, but was told they can't do that as it was "a one time only price". It seems that either they should adjust the screen to reflect the current price or not run previously recorded shows that include "one time only" items. I'll add that the customer service person was not exactly friendly. She was very curt in answering me and frustrated when I questioned why QVC would expect me to know the price on the screen is not correct. Her response was "when I receive the item I can send it back" and then cut me off by ending the conversation. 

I'll add that I'm a long time QVC customer and purchase frequently...to me, this issue is false advertising and leaves plenty of space to confuse their customer. Just thought it would be good for others to be aware as well...

Honored Contributor

Re: Beware of "previously recorded" show prices

I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

There is a disclaimer in the screen.  You can check the price before purchasing.  You get the price when you make the purchase.  Either you're not a savvy shopper or computer smart.  The price difference is usually very small and probably doesn't deter most shoppers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You see the price when you order an item regardless of what is on the video and I agree with @Kachina624 :  there is a disclaimer telling you the current price may be different than what is shown on the video.  So I don't see the problem here. 

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

I have to agree with others. There is a disclaimer that pops up throughout previously recorded shows that state that pricing and offers or something to that affect may differ from what is being shown. HSN has the same disclaimer. 

Most importantly, when you place the order you are made aware of the price at that time, so it's not a surprise. It's up to you to decide to complete the purchase or not.  

Respected Contributor

I've heard the hosts repeat over and over if it was a one time only price that would be gone at the end of the show. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Full disclosures and full disclaimers are always adequately made on previously recorded programming. 

There is absolutely no "false advertising" with these shows.  The screen clearly says pre-recorded and that prices and availability may have changed. 

In this case, QVC has done everything correctly and thoroughly. 

Honored Contributor

@msvictoria .................Sorry but your "understanding" is incorrect.  As others have said there is a disclaimer on the screen.  Its been that way since QVC2 has started the show repeats.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I watch a lot of HSN 2 which is all older shows, the disclaimer is clear. Saw a beauty show few weeks ago, host kept bragging that the item was now half price, but clearly it was now selling at full price.  It seems the prices on the screen are what you will be paying, it is what the hosts are saying that may not be true. HSN says you need to refer to what you see on the screen. Even the shipping can be different on the day you are seeing it. 

Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is a disclaimer in the screen.  You can check the price before purchasing.  You get the price when you make the purchase.

@Kachina624 wrote:

Either you're not a savvy shopper or computer smart.  The price difference is usually very small and probably doesn't deter most shoppers.

if only "savvy shoppers"or "computer smart"folks purchased from QVC they would never have been successful. I think customer service should realize that a small adjustment would have been worth it in good will. 
Im sure QVC does not want to deter us from watching the overnight prerecorded programs, but this is food for thought.