Contributor

Best jeans for wheelchair user?

Hi! I am an active (40 something) paraplegic looking for cute denim. I ususally get my jeans from a company who specializes in adaptive clothing, but most are not stylish, and quite expensive. I love the styles on Q, but it's hard to visualize the fit without seeing any of the models sit. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU and have a great day!!

Regular Contributor

Re: Best jeans for wheelchair user?

Hi Mommy,

I don't know if you want elastic waist, but I have 2 pairs I love wearing which I purchased at VF factory outlet store.  They are Lee Modern Series "The Dream Jean Leggings".  I may have bought them a size too large because they fit more like slim jeans.  They may be available at Walmart.  Very soft--60 cotton, 22 rayon, 17 polyester, 1% spandex.

Seannie

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Mommy4Charley  Take a look at Martha Stewart ankle jeans and she also has knit ankle jeans.  Some of her jeans are marked down.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I'm in love with jeans that have some rayon in them.  They are lighter weight, and much more comfortable than any other jeans I've had.  I know there are more than one brands on the Q that have them.  I bought some at TJMaxx for next to nothing and love them.  Hope you find something that works for you.  I know how challenging it can be to find "modern/fun" clothes that work for someone in a wheelchair!  Best of luck. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mommy4Charleywrote:

Hi! I am an active (40 something) paraplegic looking for cute denim. I ususally get my jeans from a company who specializes in adaptive clothing, but most are not stylish, and quite expensive. I love the styles on Q, but it's hard to visualize the fit without seeing any of the models sit. Any suggestions?

THANK YOU and have a great day!!

the Target Universal Thread Lookbook showed a model in a wheelchair but didn't say which jean she was wearing, 

can you tweet/facebook or use Social Media to ask

google target universal thread lookbook 

I am very impressed with the quality vs. price of that line 

search "adaptive jean"  at Target 

Super Contributor

@Mommy4Charley I wear Kim Gravelle's jeans, she uses her Flexibelle fabric which is so comfortable and stretchy.  She has various styles here on the QVC website, I'm sure you could find one to your liking.  I prefer the pull on jeggings.  Good luck!

Contributor

Thank you so much for all the great ideas!!!!