Respected Contributor

Beserk System Is Losing Sales for QVC

[ Edited ]

QVC and Jane Treacy just lost a sale.  I have Rakuten installed on my browser and ordered a lunchtime special successfuly from here earlier today.

Watching Shoe Shopping withh Jane and a few minutes ago I tried to order A376611 Spenco Orthhotic Yoga Stretch 3 or 4 times.  It says can't ship to my adddress  and update address or remove item from cart.  So they just lost a $39.98 sale before tax.

And no, I won't phone in.  I like my 4% Rakuten cashback for QVC today and that only works with an online order.

And I'm not switching browsers, clearing my cache or cookies.  I did my clearing earlier in the a.m. today. 

I ordered from QVC--earlier today--as I said, and from Macy's, Amazon, and Banana Republic, as well as a local eatery for pickup, ALL without any hiccups.

Oh well . . . someday PERHAPS they will do the right thing and purchase and erect a brand new system.

Sooner rather than later . . . if they want to remain a viable business.

Thanks, all, for allowing me to vent . . . wishing all a great weekend, including the wonderful Social Team who have to graciously field all our frustrations and questions along with their own with this stuff and still do exemplary work under adverse conditions.

aroc3435

Washington, DC 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Beserk System Is Losing Sales for QVC

I've ordered several times from QVC today through Rakuten with no issues.  Sometimes traffic to certain sites does slow things up.  I know you don't want to switch browsers, but that really is the only remedy.

I have had to periodically switch from Safari to Chrome many times while online shopping, including Anthropologie earlier today.  It's not just QVC, it happens.  

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry that happened to you today.   I know it is very frustrating.

I also wanted you to know that I encountered the same issue as you not long ago.  I had tried to order something, but it said that it couldn't ship to my address, which was ludicrous.  However, I found out that the system will give you that error message when an item has sold out and it hasn't been updated yet.  It's possible that the shoes you wanted were sold out in your size and that's why it was saying it couldn't ship to you.  I have read the same kind of story from other customers and the reason was ultimately always the same -- The item had sold out. 

Regardless of the reason, the system IS crazy and not just for the reason you mentioned.  The issue with the way the sizing was represented on the website in the last few days has been frustrating.  People wanted to order certain clothing items, but the sizes were represented by crazy, nonsense numbers and letters.  I'm SURE they lost a bunch of sales those days.  

Maybe something will change one day and maybe it won't.  Only time will tell.

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435   Sometimes people get that address message when the color or size they're trying to order sold out and their creaky computer hasn't caught up to give a sold out message.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Tori3569   Thank you for your good, calm advice but I really am tired of this here.  I don't have to switch at any other online site.  Only here.  I just have decided I'm not going to twist myself into a pretzel for this retailer any more.  Doesn't mean I won't ever order again, I probably will.

I counted up the purchases I've made to date from QVC this calendar year aa few days ago and it was around 82 items with nothing being returned by me.  I'm a customer from which they make a profit.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC   

Esteemed Contributor

To me a updated Computer System is needed badly.  Instead of wasting moneyb on two Hosts to carry on together go back to one Host to save money and update the system.  Any good Company would have done so a long time ago.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   Oh, how could I forget that glitch--but why should I have to?  Okay, just for you I'll give it one more try in a different color.

Cheers!

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435    Dying to know...did it work?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624, et al . . . Okay, NO color worked in my size and the chart on the television screen was indicating availability in some of the colors in my size--no dice.  So if that message IS about no longer beeing available in  X color & size there's a severe lag time-wise in their database.

I'll find what I want elsewhere, probably with better cashback and likely free shipping as well.

Thanks all for helping.  And . . . tomorrow is another shopping day.  Switching from QVC to Dateline NBC at 10 o'clock anyway!

Warm regards,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Respected Contributor

so sorry, such a bummer

i lost $75 in rakutan cash back on verizon site a couple weeks ago

i needed to engage CS to help with issues and it was no longer a site sale losing me $75

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~