Honored Contributor

Being Allowed to Eat Food Items

I get the reasoning for not being able to eat the food that's been prepared, but if Rachel is allowed to drink the Bean cold/hot choc then why can't they eat the oranges?  (Not that I need to see them slurp) but I would think they could eat those.

Super Contributor

Re: Being Allowed to Eat Food Items

@rms1954 I see no reason why they can't taste the food, you can't get COVID from food- but they tear it apart and that is disgusting- they need to just go back to the tasting

Honored Contributor

I don't think they ate the oranges even back in the pre-covid days.  They're too messy without a wet suit.  They drank the juice though.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Obviously I can't be sure, but I think they can't eat any food (oranges and all) because the item is literally in their mouth and it would be tough for a crew member to avoid touching it to throw it away.

For example, eating a piece of cheesecake would require the crew member to touch the plate, the fork, and dispose of a partially eaten food item.  An orange slice would have been touched by a hosts hands and mouth.

I think drinking from a cup might be different because the host's lips would have only touched the straw or the rim of the cup.  A crew member would probably be safe in handling that because the host's mouth or lips were in a very specific place (not the side of the glass).

I know my answer isn't coming across clearly, but at least I know what I'm saying.  lol

Valued Contributor

I missed the eating show ...  did they do the obligatory eye roll too while tasting the product ??  I never buy it without an eye roll ...

Respected Contributor

I guess there's no pleasing all of the people, all of the time. Before the pandemic, I remember reading tons and tons of posts by people complaining, asking why the hosts ate the food during presentations. Oy!!!

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I guess there's no pleasing all of the people, all of the time. Before the pandemic, I remember reading tons and tons of posts by people complaining, asking why the hosts ate the food during presentations. Oy!!!

This is merely a question.  Not complaining one way or another.

Regular Contributor

Mary Beth and Mr. Culbertson had bibs on.....

Esteemed Contributor

Both, the squishing and  talking with a mouth full of food are not  pleasing. Why don't they just  talk abt the product. They need  to stop these 1-4 hrs on the same item ....

Honored Contributor

I sure wouldn't eat that food.  Who knows how many hands have touched it or how long it's been sitting under hot lights.