Honored Contributor

Before and after for yesterday’s TSV

[ Edited ]

I noticed for the first time that a 

bra was being worn in a size too small in the before shot.  A size or so larger was used in the after shot so the TSV bra looked much better fitting the model.  It seemed the same even in the shots with a dress over it.  In the after shot the dress was definitely a size larger, which obviously looked smoother right down to the hip area, which would have nothing to do with the bra.

Also they used two plus sized models for what is actually a skinny bra. They had Michelle on for a few seconds, who is very thin, but even her skin was overlapping in the first shot.

I wonder how long they have been doing this?

As a rule, it seems the plus models are wearing too small a size in most of the fashion shows.  It is not flattering.  Thin or plus, we all look better in our true size.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Re: Before and after for yesterday’s TSV

@LilacTree  You know, I didn't watch a lot of QVC yesterday for two reasons.  First and mostly because I was out running errands most of the day and secondly, well, because I like the bra I bought from Breezies many years ago and for some reason they REFUSE (phew...I get worked up) to make it again!

I can't for the life of me understand why QVC has no problem with showing women over and over standing there (obviously with large breasts and amazing figures) but they won't have the models walk around wearing the clothes!

The models stand there like logs when demonstrating the clothes.  We out here in TV land can't see how the garment will move when we....well...move while wearing it.  It might cling to us, it might show blips (folds) in the back, it might ride up...who knows.  If we were trying it on, we'd know these things.

Then there's the same thing I've griped about forever.  For goodness sakes how about having these models (I guess they're models) walk around in those shoes.  Have them make a jump or two.

I want to see if they flip or flop.  I want to see if on a wide foot, the foot hangs over the size WIDE!  A good wide shoe that a true wide will have the footbed be wide!  QVC doesn't show any of that.

I don't have a wide foot, but I would think those with a wide foot (ordering a wide shoe) might like to know these things.

Some people have trouble keeping that thing between their toes.  Why not show the models walking around.  At least show us something here.

Getting back to @LilacTree and her post.  She makes a very valid comment.  It's as if it's about the old bait and switch.

We all know makeup is that way.  When was the last time we got to see someone who's a real size 2X maybe even a 3X demonstrating makeup?  I am a size XL sometimes a 1X.  My face is not skinny.  I have fat cheeks and face.  Let me see what it might look like on my face.

Don't just have those young, skinny beautiful models on there.  Doesn't QVC think us chubs wear makeup?

QVC boasts they sell larg(er) size clothes but we don't get to see models wearing a size 2 or 3X.

Even when they have a larg(er) size model on there, they squeeze her into pants and clothes that look (to me anyway) way, way too small for her.

Can you just imagine if they sold men's clothes?  Can you imagine putting a male in something that tight?  Just how much do you think they'd sell?  Most of the men I know wouldn't be caught dead wearing something as skin tight as they want us females to squeeze into.

To @LilacTree Thank you ahead of time for letting me post my bla bla's on your subject.  You have an excellent eye.  I'm so glad you posted this because idiots like myself would have just changed the channel and not paid attention to it.

Take care and have a good week ahead.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66how about having normal size women of various sizes.  They only show plus size models who are almost 6 feet tall.  Not everyone is big and tall, or super skinny and tall.  5 feet 5 inches is the average height for a woman in the United States.  Let's see models of that height in various sizes...then we might know how things will look on us.  When you don't give a lenght measurement and say it is knee lenght, we know it will hit us mid calf.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 

I have had a major change in size, especially underwear. So I have been watching when they have those shows. I did buy the panties set of five because they look like good quality and reasonably priced.  I liked the second tee shirt bra a lot because of no seaming or closures which are hard for me to do. However I cannot spend over $50 for a bra, so did not pick that one up.

I love your posts, BTW, they are so entertaining.  You have a good week also.  I have a doctor’s appt tomorrow . . . Blah!

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

@LilacTree   I see this sort of "illusionary" practice being done with before and after facial products as well.  It's obvious in those after shots that they have changed the lighting and/or the facial expression to emphasize their point.  They must think we are real dummies to not see this!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@LilacTree Did they provide the size of the bra being worn or you just stating the size you think she's wearing. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@LilacTree Did they provide the size of the bra being worn or you just stating the size you think she's wearing. 

@rms1954 

Not to my knowledge as I probably had the sound muted. Obviously they don’t show you the bra she is wearing in the “before” (but most bras don’t look that bad).  There were many sizes at the bottom of the screen where they show the status of each size, as they always do. I highly doubt the host and vendor even knew what sizes the  models were wearing.

Formerly Ford1224
Respected Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@LilacTree   I see this sort of "illusionary" practice being done with before and after facial products as well.  It's obvious in those after shots that they have changed the lighting and/or the facial expression to emphasize their point.  They must think we are real dummies to not see this!

My biggest gripe about makeup still shots for foundation is what you stated. The skin color is so radically different as well as subtle hair style changes, eyebrows, etc. I certainly notice that in the before the person is three shades off from the after shot and even the skin tone is often altered, usually to a more neutral undertone. There are some rules in place, for example, the UK led the charge to make the print ads for mascara disclose if the model was wearing false eyelashes. I hate the way makeup companies have us believing that anything other than their airbrushed perfection is undesirable, but that's another topic.