Esteemed Contributor

Re: Been off QVC for a while...Prices are so high now!!!

@Dusty1 , ah, I feel your pain.

Sometimes I have to tell myself no, and (regretfully) walk away from something really appealing that I just saw by accident.

Respected Contributor

@x Hedge Well, I am ashamed to say that I didn't totally walk away. I really wanted that stupid shirt. When they had free S&H I ordered it. I though "Hah! You won't get my $3.50!".

That was on 10/10. I haven't gotten it yet. I will probably hate it in person & have to spend $5-6 to send it back. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm hoping you're going to love it @Dusty1 , it was serendipitous for you to see it. ☺

Stay positive. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1 wrote:

@x Hedge Well, I am ashamed to say that I didn't totally walk away. I really wanted that stupid shirt. When they had free S&H I ordered it. I though "Hah! You won't get my $3.50!".

That was on 10/10. I haven't gotten it yet. I will probably hate it in person & have to spend $5-6 to send it back. 

Sometimes, it doesn't hurt to splurge. The shirt has very good reviews - 340 -5 stars. Hopefully, it works for you. 

Contributor

Joan Rivers clothes have also gotten out of control. The quality isn't what it used to brand they're charging $73 for a denim shirt.  Are they kidding? Never will I spend that much on a denim shirt even though I can afford to.

Super Contributor

Did you see the prices on the other Joan Rivers items today? I thought the plaid "shacket" was cute until it was over $100 with tax and ship good grief. Cute yes, economical no, especially if I have to return it!! Wow.
Super Contributor

I was just looking at the Christmas ornaments, decor etc. & VPH red truck is now $63.00!  It was $45-49 recently.  What a rip off!  Its Amazon now for me.!  

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Yeah, prices at the Q and HSN are high!  And, perhaps the PTB could do better.  But prices everywhere on everything are totally out of control!Woman Frustrated  I think even USPS prices are going waaaay up, while service supposedly will be going waaaay down as mail won't be delivered daily - I hope that was just a rumor!!!

Perhaps we should put less emphasis on gifting items and instead gift errands, time together, whatever we can come up with.  Nowadays it's tough and it doesn;t seem like it's gonna get better soon - just mho.

@eddyandme the post office has already cut back on my street's mail delivery. I live in a major city yet we only get mail 2x a week. Sundays and either Wednesdays or Thursdays.

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

Yeah, prices at the Q and HSN are high!  And, perhaps the PTB could do better.  But prices everywhere on everything are totally out of control!Woman Frustrated  I think even USPS prices are going waaaay up, while service supposedly will be going waaaay down as mail won't be delivered daily - I hope that was just a rumor!!!

Perhaps we should put less emphasis on gifting items and instead gift errands, time together, whatever we can come up with.  Nowadays it's tough and it doesn;t seem like it's gonna get better soon - just mho.

@eddyandme the post office has already cut back on my street's mail delivery. I live in a major city yet we only get mail 2x a week. Sundays and either Wednesdays or Thursdays.

@DJs mom, I live in a small town, but mail goes thru the city first, so I'm sure it won't be long 'til we're all affected.  Thanx for the update - two days a week is ridiculous!

Honored Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
The prices are ridiculous & you have to pay shipping too. I rarely buy from QVC anymore.

Q's prices always seem to be higher then the other channels.