Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

According to their recent quarterly financial report, they didn't do well in cosmetics.  So what do they do?  Ramp up beauty shows so they can lose more.

Not only is there too much on QVC, but there's also an over-abundance on Evine and HSN with which they're competing. 

Since I'm a drugstore beauty customer, I find these programs to be a huge bore.  I don't think I ever sat through a whole program.

@Kachina624 I do buy from Skinn and Beekman when they have special pricing and reduced shipping - but only certain things I know I will use. Otherwise it's Walmart, Target, drugstores, or Avon.  Beauty shows, especially when they drag it out to two or three hours, are a definite no-watch from me. I'll turn on something else or go read.  

Honored Contributor

@SpurtI watch so seldom that what they show doesn't matter all that much -  I post here and occasionally look on the website when a poster gives us an item number, but otherwise, I almost never look and buy.

I have zero idea what they could try that would improve their bottom line with sales to me.  I'll still buy what I've been buying, but that's not a lot.  There was a time I was spending far more than the average buyer -  that's unlikely to happen again - anywhere retail. 

I don't follow Liberty's stock but I can't say I'm surprised that on a percentage basis, Zulily is ahead of QVC and HSN, but I'd have to know more than a percentage.  It's easier to show growth when you're small -   unless you're huge Amazon-style.  I'd look if I were going to buy stock -  otherwise products matter to me more than which direction a company is headed.  (Note that Nordstrom is showing stock improvement. but whereas I once spent a major part of my clothing budget with them, over the past 3+ years, I've spent less than $150 total.  I really dislike their current clothes in my price range!)

Valued Contributor

Re: Beauty shows

[ Edited ]

Spurt:  You crack me UP!  LOVE the kitty in the soapy water bowl.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

Why are all these beuaty shows on QVC instead of QVC Beauty channel?

I don't care how rare the Argan oil tree is, it's plentiful enough that there's no lack of the nuts to produce items with, so it's a mute point.  Are there 500 milion planted out there?  

@LilMadi

ITA beauty used to be a "cash cow" for QVC, but they ran the beauty shows into the ground so even the beautynistas are tired of them and now beauty sales are in a decline at QVC...

For most of this year EVERY WEEKEND its ARGAN OIL or IT COSTMETICS.....And these products INVADE THE FASHION SHOWS too!!!  I dont watch the beauty shows but I do watch AM Style and so sick of hearing that story and how Argan oil was discovered.... Woman Tongue

@Spurt  Don’t forget to add the usual dose of Philosophy on the weekends. IMHO, YouTube is killing the beauty sales at Q. Go to what you’d like to see demonstrated. Like it? Then buy it at a site where there’s no shipping or go to the B&M stores. No reason to watch one vendor for an hour...or worse, an entire day or 24 hr. beauty event. 

Beauty has become the dreaded My Pillow shows.

@Shanus

Your right Philosophy is defintely part of the dreaded Weekend beauty rotation.....And how many times can a person watch a demonstration and Im talking about a Lengthy presentation not once but TWICE in the SAME SHOW especially when the show is supposed to be about FASHION......The only thing Q hasn't done is to put a beauty demo right in the middle of In The Kitchen With David!!!---yep, beauty while you cook.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt  Uh oh. Hope they don’t read this and get any new ideas....”At The Vanity With David”!!!

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't care how rare the Argan oil tree is, it's plentiful enough that there's no lack of the nuts to produce items with, so it's a mute point.  Are there 500 milion planted out there?  

@LilMadi

ITA beauty used to be a "cash cow" for QVC, but they ran the beauty shows into the ground so even the beautynistas are tired of them and now beauty sales are in a decline at QVC...

For most of this year EVERY WEEKEND its ARGAN OIL or IT COSTMETICS.....And these products INVADE THE FASHION SHOWS too!!!  I dont watch the beauty shows but I do watch AM Style and so sick of hearing that story and how Argan oil was discovered.... Woman Tongue

@Spurt  Don’t forget to add the usual dose of Philosophy on the weekends. IMHO, YouTube is killing the beauty sales at Q. Go to what you’d like to see demonstrated. Like it? Then buy it at a site where there’s no shipping or go to the B&M stores. No reason to watch one vendor for an hour...or worse, an entire day or 24 hr. beauty event. 

@Shanus

Your right Philosophy is defintely part of the dreaded Weekend beauty rotation.....And how many times can a person watch a demonstration and Im talking about a Lengthy presentation not once but TWICE in the SAME SHOW especially when the show is supposed to be about FASHION......The only thing Q hasn't done is to put a beauty demo right in the middle of In The Kitchen With David!!!---yep, beauty while you cook.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt  Uh oh. Hope they don’t read this and get any new ideas....”At The Vanity With David”!!!

@Shanus

LOL---OMG, that TITLE IS SO PERFECT!!! Woman LOL

I will take responsibility and will have to go to the "Q corner of shame" if they implement the idea......  I can picture David saying---- steaming veggies is a good way to prepare your skin for your facial, so lets do it foodies..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt..... Lol. Be right back. Went to change my pants. 😢

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Many people don't get Beauty IQ. 

@Lipstickdiva

True, but you dont even need Beauty IQ. There's tons of beauty programming on Tuesdays during the day on regular QVC and then Tuesday Night Beauty, Friday Night Beauty, Shawn's Beauty Secrets, and as @Shanus and I mentioned, TONS of beauty in the Fashion Shows (AM STYLE, PM STYLE, Saturday Morning Q), and then the rotation of IT Cosmetics, Argan Oil, and Philosophy almost every single weekend!!!! Woman Frustrated  Talk about OVERKILL!!! Woman Sad And then they'll rerun  these same shows on Q2!!!.......

It makes many of us neither watch nor buy from QVC!!!!  I think what a lot of us are saying we just want a little more variety........I think QVC killed their "cash cow" with all their repetition.....There are other Q vendors and products we'd love to see..........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@SpurtI watch so seldom that what they show doesn't matter all that much -  I post here and occasionally look on the website when a poster gives us an item number, but otherwise, I almost never look and buy.

I have zero idea what they could try that would improve their bottom line with sales to me.  I'll still buy what I've been buying, but that's not a lot.  There was a time I was spending far more than the average buyer -  that's unlikely to happen again - anywhere retail. 

I don't follow Liberty's stock but I can't say I'm surprised that on a percentage basis, Zulily is ahead of QVC and HSN, but I'd have to know more than a percentage.  It's easier to show growth when you're small -   unless you're huge Amazon-style.  I'd look if I were going to buy stock -  otherwise products matter to me more than which direction a company is headed.  (Note that Nordstrom is showing stock improvement. but whereas I once spent a major part of my clothing budget with them, over the past 3+ years, I've spent less than $150 total.  I really dislike their current clothes in my price range!)

@millieshops

There are some of us that would like to watch and buy if they showed some variety in products/programming......

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi

@Shanus

Your right Philosophy is defintely part of the dreaded Weekend beauty rotation.....And how many times can a person watch a demonstration and Im talking about a Lengthy presentation not once but TWICE in the SAME SHOW especially when the show is supposed to be about FASHION....I swear beauty takes over half the show.....The only thing Q hasn't done is to put a beauty demo right in the middle of In The Kitchen With David!!!---yep, beauty while you cook.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt@Shanus  Hey maybe we could whip the argon oil in a blender and make our own butter??????????LOLOLOLOL

Esteemed Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi

@Shanus

Your right Philosophy is defintely part of the dreaded Weekend beauty rotation.....And how many times can a person watch a demonstration and Im talking about a Lengthy presentation not once but TWICE in the SAME SHOW especially when the show is supposed to be about FASHION....I swear beauty takes over half the show.....The only thing Q hasn't done is to put a beauty demo right in the middle of In The Kitchen With David!!!---yep, beauty while you cook.....Woman Frustrated

@Spurt@Shanus  Hey maybe we could whip the argon oil in a blender and make our own butter??????????LOLOLOLOL

@Spurt@Shanus  Hey look at last sunday line up because I saw those microfiber dusters listed under ITKWD.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Many people don't get Beauty IQ. 

But you can watch it on your computer.