Valued Contributor

Why are all these beuaty shows on QVC instead of QVC Beauty channel?

I don't care how rare the Argan oil tree is, it's plentiful enough that there's no lack of the nuts to produce items with, so it's a mute point.  Are there 500 milion planted out there?  

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

Re: Beauty shows

[ Edited ]

Because that's the way QVC chose to do their programming. You have a choice to watch nothing but beauty.  Does not mean they don't incorporate beauty items throughout their regular programming.

Honored Contributor

@LilMadiI think because lots of us use beauty products but aren't "beauty junkies" for want of a better term.  I know I'd never see any beauty if I had to find a separate channel. 

Another way to think about it is that we don't get our own private QVC.  We can surf the website for our specific interests, but I can't imagine how they'd ever program the TV presentations so that everyone would be pleased all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I don't care how rare the Argan oil tree is, it's plentiful enough that there's no lack of the nuts to produce items with, so it's a mute point.  Are there 500 milion planted out there?  

@LilMadi  I know you didn't mean this to be funny, but it made me LOL.   I actually posted something similiar in suggestion box.   I think it was the 500 million that me laugh.  I love JM and her products, but I have often wondered about how they get so much from those trees.   

Honored Contributor

According to their recent quarterly financial report, they didn't do well in cosmetics.  So what do they do?  Ramp up beauty shows so they can lose more.

Not only is there too much on QVC, but there's also an over-abundance on Evine and HSN with which they're competing. 

Since I'm a drugstore beauty customer, I find these programs to be a huge bore.  I don't think I ever sat through a whole program.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@BalletBabe wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi  I know you didn't mean this to be funny, but it made me LOL.   I actually posted something similiar in suggestion box.   I think it was the 500 million that me laugh.  I love JM and her products, but I have often wondered about how they get so much from those trees.   

@BalletBabe....and called one product a “rare” find with a signed label. 😃

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi

ITA beauty used to be a "cash cow" for QVC, but they ran the beauty shows into the ground so even the beautynistas are tired of them and now beauty sales are in a decline at QVC...

For most of this year EVERY WEEKEND its ARGAN OIL or IT COSTMETICS.....And these products INVADE THE FASHION SHOWS too!!!  I dont watch the beauty shows but I do watch AM Style and so sick of hearing that story and how Argan oil was discovered.... Woman Tongue

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@LilMadiI think because lots of us use beauty products but aren't "beauty junkies" for want of a better term.  I know I'd never see any beauty if I had to find a separate channel. 

Another way to think about it is that we don't get our own private QVC.  We can surf the website for our specific interests, but I can't imagine how they'd ever program the TV presentations so that everyone would be pleased all the time.

@millieshops

Yes, you right! ...thats totally unrealistic of programming pleasing everyone all the time.  However, they better do something, and make some changes because their financial reports arent looking so hot (with Zulily being the exception)................ I think people are tired of so much repetition and would just like some variety in products/programming once in awhile so they'd start watching and buying again from QVC

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

If you aren’t completely disgusted with individual beauty shows, watch the fashion shows, morning shows, PM Style, Inspired Style, etc. Eventually, somewhere, a few beauty items are squeezed in there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@LilMadi wrote:

@LilMadi

ITA beauty used to be a "cash cow" for QVC, but they ran the beauty shows into the ground so even the beautynistas are tired of them and now beauty sales are in a decline at QVC...

For most of this year EVERY WEEKEND its ARGAN OIL or IT COSTMETICS.....And these products INVADE THE FASHION SHOWS too!!!  I dont watch the beauty shows but I do watch AM Style and so sick of hearing that story and how Argan oil was discovered.... Woman Tongue

@Spurt  Don’t forget to add the usual dose of Philosophy on the weekends. IMHO, YouTube is killing the beauty sales at Q. Go to what you’d like to see demonstrated. Like it? Then buy it at a site where there’s no shipping or go to the B&M stores. No reason to watch one vendor for an hour...or worse, an entire day or 24 hr. beauty event. 

Beauty has become the dreaded My Pillow shows.