Esteemed Contributor

I don't want to be a complainer, but I am.   I tried to watch a show on Beauty iQ last night, but had to change the channel.  Couldn't watch longer than 3 minutes.  The lighting is bad, the angles are bad, it looks like Skype or YouTube.  Is it?  Are the presenters just sitting in front of a laptop camera?  I couldn't tell if a makeup looked good or not from the awful lighting.  

Is it just my TV or cable feed?  Or does it look this way to other viewers too? 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I have to agree with you.

I think the fact that it's a beauty channel, the cameras and camera angles are different to better show close ups of how to apply and to see the results of the products.

That's just my guess.

I can't watch it either but I'm not a beauty junkie

Maybe some of the beauty gals will chime in.

Honored Contributor

I AM a beauty junkie but will not watch it for those reasons.

It has been that way from its debut.

Gave it a week when it first started. 

Have never watched it since.

Have never purchased anything from it.

Frequent Contributor

It seemed much worse last night.  Looked like completey different lighting/camera angles.  In my opinion, Beauty IQ is always a little "off".  But I think that's what they are trying for, but last night the lighting made the makeup look really awful.  Felt sorry for Mally and the girls.  The worst part for me is that huge banner at the bottom of the screen rather than on the side.  It oftentimes covers the model's mouth - and is particularly bothersome when they're showing a lip product.  No one ever seems to correct it.

Honored Contributor

I dislike when I watch something on Beauty IQ and it is a repeat so the price now is different and it may have had free shipping which by the time I see it is no longer available.  Don't know why Q needs so many channels.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all your responses.  Glad to see I'm not the only viewer who noticed the bad lighting and camera angles.  If there are really cameras filming.... I still believe all the presenters are sitting in front of individual laptops.  The different presenters are never in the same shot. 

@Daysdee- I agree.  I've seen repeat shows on QVC2 where pricing has changed since first presented.  Sometimes there's a disclaimer on the bottom of the screen stating that prices shown are not correct. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Beguile wrote:

It seemed much worse last night.  Looked like completey different lighting/camera angles.  In my opinion, Beauty IQ is always a little "off".  But I think that's what they are trying for, but last night the lighting made the makeup look really awful.  Felt sorry for Mally and the girls.  The worst part for me is that huge banner at the bottom of the screen rather than on the side.  It oftentimes covers the model's mouth - and is particularly bothersome when they're showing a lip product.  No one ever seems to correct it.

@Beguile  With the info along the bottom, if you pause to get item #, it’s covered up w/ a strip of name of show & time left...

Honored Contributor

I’m obviously a beauty junkie and watch my fair share of makeup videos on YouTube and Pinterest. I’m convinced Beauty IQ was created to lure the younger audience of “video watchers”, so they’ve copied that “one camera focused on the face” format. 

Valued Contributor

A huge problem for me is it’s not in HD. Everyone looks wide and fuzzy. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Seems to me that when the word “quality” is in your name you’d put out a “quality” product or just not bother. I’ve just recently searched out Beauty IQ and after just one frustrating day sure won’t watch it again. Poorly done, and the same one hour presentation must have run for two days.....pricing and availability were completely off. Silly me it took seeing it the third time to realize I was wasting my time.