Respected Contributor

Re: Beach Week on QVC -- Live from the Jersey Shore

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle 

The downside to Wildwood is the crowds.  I'll take the smaller beach towns in NJ.

I think its great for kids and young adults though.  As an "older" beach person I like the quieter scenes.

Respected Contributor

@amyb wrote:

As long as they don't have a Christmas tree up on the beach. 😎🎄

Oh, it's there! Lol

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Catch71 wrote:

@Georgiagrama 

The jersey shore is a short drive from the Philadelphia area.  Jill Bauer had a house there too but moved to a beach house in Delaware.  

I visit the jersey beaches a lot but I can tell you the homes there are very expensive.  A small beach house goes for close to a million dollars.

@Catch71   I've seen a couple of them on House Hunter's. They are way out of my budget, but I'm sure David and Jane enjoy having a place to go and relax, and let's face it, they can probably afford it.  I remember when Jill said they were selling their beach house and buying another one. 

Honored Contributor

I think David's may be in Rehoboth Beach, Del, very nice . 

Valued Contributor

So if we are at the beach why are we in the hotel room selling products.  Move outside 

Esteemed Contributor

I really don't care where they are selling from.  Doesn't add anything to me considering buying something.  How 'bout stayin home and lowering prices a tad? Yeah, I know, dream on.  

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Contributor

Why on earth is Jane Treacy wearing a heavy-looking dress and elaborate earrings while she endlessly promotes "at the beach" week during her Tuesday afternoon shoe show? Not to mention the Christmas decorations! What a mishmash. 

Contributor

Couldn't agree more. Seems like some of the QVC hosts have never been outside Pennsylvania, New Jersey and possibly NYC and Disney World!

Respected Contributor

I love the beach as I spent my youth at the Long Island beaches, which are gorgeous - especially Montauk which is past the Hamptons (the very edge of Long Island).  I have spent time at the New Jersey beaches as well - Point Pleasant and Belmar are very nice.  I love Cape May - boardwalk and Victorian bed & breakfast inns.  I know I remember Jane Treacy once saying she had a beach house at Wildwood Crest.  I have a feeling that QVC rents beach houses for their executives & maybe the hosts are using one of them. I am enjoying the change of venue.

Respected Contributor

I love the Jersey shore!!!!!!

Growing up my family always vacationed in Wildwood. We'd rent an apartment for a week and hit the beach during the day and the boardwalk at night. I cherish those memories.

Now that I'm older we vacation in Cape May. Stone Harbor is lovely, too. North Wildwood, Wildwood and Wildwood has changed so much since we stayed there back in the 60's and 70's.

I remember seeing pictures of Jill Bauer's condo in North Wildwood, although I think I read that she may have sold it. Jane Treacy has (or had a condo in Wildwood Crest - I don't know if she still has it, but my guess would be she probably does). 

It's nice to see QVC doing shows from the shore. I hope they do alot more of them in the future.