Honored Contributor

Re: Beach Week on QVC -- Live from the Jersey Shore

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Georgiagrama   I was wondering about QVC's post stating, "at our QVC Beach House in Wildwood, NJ."  Did QVC buy a beach house?  Why?   Or, are they using a host's beach house and loosely calling it "our?" 

Rental 

Honored Contributor

I'm sure it's a rental, just they they rented a house for Jill to tape some of those At Home with Jill shows that were an epic fail.  She spent the entire hour of the show answering "not it's not my house, it's a rental."  I will never forget that fiasco.

It can't be any worse than when the Watch Channel was broadcasting live from a cruise ship and various ports.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I am curious about the QVC Beach House in Wildwood. 

I don't think any of the hosts would own a house in Wildwood...Wildwood Crest or North Wildwood maybe.  I think Jill Bauer has a condo in North Wildwood but she is not with QVC anymore.

I thought maybe QVC would be using the Wildwood Convention Center and broadcast from  a set that looks like a Beach House. 

I looked at the Convention Center schedule and it looks like there is a Dance Competition there this week, so the Convention Center is out. 

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Regular Contributor

I think it will be a fun change ... good summer vibes ... can't wait.

Trusted Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

I think it will be a fun change ... good summer vibes ... can't wait.

I agree!  For those of us who live in the northeast summer months seem to pass by in the blink of an eye!  Jersey shore is so close to the QVC studios it just seems like a happy change of pace after a very long and stressful past year and a half.

Valued Contributor

Mountain week!! Yes!! That would be a welcome change when presenting Berkshire blankets, Sherpa and fall/winter items.
Trusted Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

So this week is Beach Week on QVC.  I don't know exactly what is scheduled all week Smiley Very Happy.  But....

Gary Goben of Denim & Company said he's presenting Live from the beach (the New Jersey shore) tomorrow from 10 AM to Noon.

Jane Treacy said she is presenting Live from the beach this week also; I think her Shoe Shopping with Jane show.

The Denim & Co show is coming from the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse in North Wildwood.

https://herefordinletlighthouse.com/

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

KittyKatKay: That is a very cute Betty Boop illustration, though.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama 

The jersey shore is a short drive from the Philadelphia area.  Jill Bauer had a house there too but moved to a beach house in Delaware.  

I visit the jersey beaches a lot but I can tell you the homes there are very expensive.  A small beach house goes for close to a million dollars.

Respected Contributor

@haddon9 

I have to agree with you; to me Wildwood is one of the least desirable nj beach destinations.  Love Cape May, Ocean City, and LBI.