Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be very aware of what you type on the internet

I disagree strongly about these comments being labeled "bullying"....that's just a way to escape reality.  If something posted here is really off-limits, the moderators will respond accordingly. per the rules and regulations. 

Otherwise, we're all free to type what we will, and Cathy Pedrayes should stay away from the Internet.

Honored Contributor

So many look at things negatively with the sole purpose of finding something to criticize.  Some make such ridiculous statements and then anyone who dares to contradict or give a differing opinion are called bullies and targeted for passive aggressive bullying.  Like someone else stated internet bullies are probably real meek cowards in real life!!  

Respected Contributor

@Pook wrote:

So many look at things negatively with the sole purpose of finding something to criticize.  Some make such ridiculous statements and then anyone who dares to contradict or give a differing opinion are called bullies and targeted for passive aggressive bullying.  Like someone else stated internet bullies are probably real meek cowards in real life!! 

All bullies are cowards.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Life makes no sense now.  On the one hand people will bash you for making ANY comment about someone.  But celebrities put themselves out there doing outrageous things, then people aren't supposed to comment on it?

We are bullies and haters, and it grows worse every day, especially when the bullies and haters are the first to accuse anyone not thinking the way they think as bullies and haters.

We insist on having no rules and letting everyone "be themselves" and then wonder why people are rude and mean and have no manners.

It is because we are afraid to judge or correct and are terrified to say that's wrong about anything.  Unless someone did something yOU don't like.

We have no standards, no expectations of others, and no rules for society as a whole.

What do you expect?

Respected Contributor

very wise advice. I think Cathy Pedrayes is a fine host,

and does a fine job.

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I became curious when watching Cathy Pedrayes with her pronunciation of certain words.  So I googled her bio (which is very limited by the way) to find where she is from and family heritage thinking  it might be a regional dialect.

One of the items to click on is someone faulting her for not pronouncing her T's.  It is out there forever!  How awful for her or anyone else someone has made fun of.

Be aware of what you type, it is there forever and for all the world to see.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

People just don't care. Will write anything and everything to bash someone, tell

you off, you have ugly shoes, old socks, beat up car, nothing is good enough for

them. Let us see their faces to criticize all of their possessions.

They type it and move on to write more nonsense about something else.

Very sad world for sure.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@godi wrote:

This world is so different now. I would not want to be young at this time. I loved my childhood. We played, stayed out till the street lights came on. Used pay phones. It’s just scary and exciting all at the same time. 

I am quite happy without pay phones, @godi Smiley Happy

Yes, the world is different now. It's always different for every generation, and every older generation always bemoans that fact.

My young grandchildren are quite happy being young today.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bullying seems to be the latest buzzword everyone wants to use.  Giving constructive criticism about the way one does their public job isn't bullying.  That is not to say that some people don't go to far into being downright mean and cruel and possibly bullying.

Stating that someone doesn't pronounce his/her "t" isn't bullying.  I've commented in the past about that fact.  I have also stated that I think both Mary and Cathy need to have speech lessons.

I stand by those comments whether they are out there forever or not.  I thought every grown adult knew that what they put on the internet was out there.  If you type in Cathy's name you will see threads on this board about her.  In any case, these are women who were hired to be on tv to sell items and IMO would benefit from further speech lessons.  I'm not bullying them and I'm not making fun of them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Cathy P. is one of the best hosts from last years group IMO. I thoroughly enjoy her and find her extremely professional and intelligent.

What I don't comprehend is why various dialects bother anyone! Everyone is an individual and I'm grateful for that. Wouldn't this be a boring world if we were all alike? We all speak differently depending upon what part of the country we are living in (or originally from). Why would any else care?  I'm proud of my heritage. It reflects who I am. If anyone else has a problem with that, I don't care!

Hope Cathy P., Mary and Amy S. continue to enjoy their work at QVC. All are great hosts IMHO. Frankly, I'm sick of the constant complaints of their speech. I'm able to understand all of them perfectly.

Perhaps it your problem with cognitive or hearing problems. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady - I agree with you! All of the hosts on the Q have idiosyncracies in the way they pronounce or refer to things; that's just part of who they are. At times, this can be annoying or frustrating, but if we still understand what is being said, that's really what matters—right?