Honored Contributor

Be very aware of what you type on the internet

[ Edited ]

I became curious when watching Cathy Pedrayes with her pronunciation of certain words.  So I googled her bio (which is very limited by the way) to find where she is from and family heritage thinking  it might be a regional dialect.

One of the items to click on is someone faulting her for not pronouncing her T's.  It is out there forever!  How awful for her or anyone else someone has made fun of.

Be aware of what you type, it is there forever and for all the world to see.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be very aware of what you type on the internet

[ Edited ]

This world is so different now. I would not want to be young at this time. I loved my childhood. We played, stayed out till the street lights came on. Used pay phones. It’s just scary and exciting all at the same time. 

Honored Contributor

Not only so-called making fun of someone it's plain and simple bullying! Couldn't believe reading this morning women bashing women about skin care. 

Sad commentary on society. What happened to manners? 

Esteemed Contributor

I like the conveniences that we have now, but too many believe that because they are anonymous online that they have the right to post nasty things.  I don't even know who Cathy is, but I hope that she has a thick skin and does not even both to read her reviews.  I do feel sorry for young people (and some not so young) who still post everything about their lives online.  Such a serious mistake.  On the flip side, when you post everything about your life, if you are a victim of violence, everything is out there for law enforcement to get easy answers.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen it, but is the person named who is making fun of Cathy?

I'd hate for my meanness to be out there forever for everyone to see with my name attached to it.

Esteemed Contributor

Most shopping channel hosts and televsion personalities should never, ever Google themselves if they are thin-skinned.

The rest of us retain the right to provide commentary on one's televised appearance and voice.

Honored Contributor

@godi wrote:

This world is so different now. I would not want to be young at this time. I loved my childhood. We played, stayed out till the street lights came on. Used pay phones. It’s just scary and exciting all at the same time. 

My thoughts too.

I had strict parents or so I thought but they taught me well.

@godi

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Imaoldhippie. Everytime I would read criticism of her speech, it would make me cringe.

Many times I tried to explain here that her speech pattern was not uncommon in Ct.  She lived there for a number of years.   We lived there for about 18 years and I heard that 

pronunciation of button, etc every day of those 18 years.  She did not deserve all that criticism.   Thank you for making your statement.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

While some things said about those who put themselves out there by choice or beause of their jobs should be something they know could happen but some just go way too far!  

Another thing I have noticed is that many don't read and comprehend what is being written and therefore find things to be nasty and bullying because they have not comprehended what is written and respond in their own nasty way!!!

Super Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Not only so-called making fun of someone it's plain and simple bullying! Couldn't believe reading this morning women bashing women about skin care. 

Sad commentary on society. What happened to manners? 

I think people believe that manners don’t need to be used when you hide behind a screen name. Internet bullies probably are much quieter and more cowardly in person.

Hugs . . . Beth 

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!