Super Contributor

Be aware of the pre paid label for returns

I just got the new Roma in the mail. Looks like plastic so i was putting it back in the box, looked at the prepaid shipping label and now it's 8,95 to return.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Be aware of the pre paid label for returns

Then there is no way to know in advance what the return postage will be until.....you receive your purchase and get an opportunity to look at the return charge......right?   That's not customer friendly - is it?   I'm not familar with what you bought - is it heavy?

Super Contributor

I got the new Roma 5 so yes it's heavy. Plus the leather is like plastic and the croco didn't match on 1 side.

Esteemed Contributor

When you go to your order status, you can go to print a return label and it will show you the costs. This only occurs after your order has shipped. So, I guess there is no way to know before your order ships. Have you tried calling CS beforehand and maybe they will know?  This is one reason I have stopped shopping from the shopping channels because the costs is too high for the return.

Respected Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

I got the new Roma 5 so yes it's heavy. Plus the leather is like plastic and the croco didn't match on 1 side.

Is this a GILI purse? It does not sound like a quality product if the pattern match was off. I would call and ask that this item be noted as defective and get the return postage refunded.

Honored Contributor

I just sold a handbag about the size and weight of the Roma and can tell you that Priority mail, in a box 10x12x14 with insurance cost me $16.71 to ship~!!

To be able to return your handbag at roughly half that price is amazing to me.  I know that QVC gets special rates far better than my own (I get a discount from eBay).  Had my package measured 16x14x10 it would have cost oover $30 to ship Priority with insurance ($170 bag).

USPS takes into account the size of the box, the weight of the item and which Zone it's going to.....

I'm not a QVC cheerleader by any means but shipping costs went up AGAIN in January and they're higher than ever before....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

If it didn't match it is defective. You should ask for them to pay the return shipping.
Super Contributor

The return postage has to do with how heavy the box or package weighs:

0 to 5 lbs$6.95
 5.01 to 10 lbs$8.95
 10.01 to 150 lbs$10.95