Trusted Contributor

Re: Basso coat too big for petites

You can push the sleeves up. Or cuff them. They showed it on Leah’s show.
Trusted Contributor

I think it looks nice on Amy. Not boxy at all.
Trusted Contributor

He has done throws for years. I have too many. I’m glad it wasn’t a throw.
Esteemed Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Basso acts a bit hyper ! Talks over Amy, she was trying to present the pants and he interupted talking about the coat and said he didn't care about the order of things. He's walking around, the show is hard to watch because he is hyper. He's always hyper, to much for me to watch. I turned off the presentation 

@Goodie2shoes @he's always been like that ,  he's such a rude , loud person !  I don't care for him at all !!  His voice grates on me as well .  The coat is very boxy and the sleeve length will not work for a petite women as you can see Amy has hers pushed up ,  not a good look for that type of coat.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@San Antonio Gal   Amy is pushing back the sleeves because they are so long they are over her hands. Folding them back would make some bulky cuffs

Petite bodies need narrower shoulders, shorter length in sleeves and body.

This coat is very boxy and clearly doesn't fit her. She is trying to make it work.

@Carmie @and @San Antonio Gal   I agree ,  I'm a petite and this coat would overwhelm me and make me look squatty and bulky not a good look on a short narrow shoulder frame .  Plus the sleeves would be way past my hand .

Esteemed Contributor

@OldNana80 wrote:

I just watched Dennis in the 8:00 a.m. presentation. I had to turn it off. He is

too hyper, moves around too much, doesn't let the host speak and is very difficult to watch! I have been watching him for years and he has always been somewhat

this way, but the past few years he has been over the top.  He sounds desperate

in his hyper presentations as if he is trying to make more sales by pushing,pushing,

pushing.  He must be very hard for the hosts to work with.  

@OldNana80  it's probably because the sales on the coat aren't good .  He's always been difficult to watch fir the reasons you stated .  I wouldn't want to work with him 

ever!  He really doesn't seem like a nice person .

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

Basso acts a bit hyper ! Talks over Amy, she was trying to present the pants and he interupted talking about the coat and said he didn't care about the order of things. He's walking around, the show is hard to watch because he is hyper. He's always hyper, to much for me to watch. I turned off the presentation 

I agree, he's a blow hard and that voice ! EWW ! wonder if he smokes.

most Likely !  Even if not "blow hard " is the perfect word For how he acts !

Respected Contributor

Dennis made the point last night that he put faux fur on the arm's inside so the sleeves can be turned back for those that need shorter sleeves.  I personally hate tight coats and want enough room to wear winter clothes underneath the coat.  I think it looks  fine and is a classic wearable style with options built in like the cuffs that turn back and a hook at the top under the collar so you can close it up nearer the neck.  Well done lining too.   Great price.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Respected Contributor

• Coat did not look good on Mary Beth. I don't care for it on anyone.

No shape and boxy.

Valued Contributor

@ellaphant   I have to disagree. My daughter, who is 5'3" has several Basso faux furs in a sixe small, and she looks darling in them. Gets lots of compliments and no negatives about being too big for her.