Honored Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams & Draper James

@SilleeMee wrote:

High prices, and inflation, affects people on fixed income more than the rest. I'm on fixed income, not a whole lot of it and believe me I cannot afford Q clothes. Feel blessed if you're in the population of people who can keep up with those high prices. I'm far from being there. 

I refuse to go into debt b/c of buying expensive clothes...forget that.

I think we are ALL on a fixed income.  Just because I still work doesn't mean my income increases!

I haven't had a raise in 2 yrs and thanks to all the shut downs, won't for a while.

Yet SS got a raise (cough, such as it was)

Everyone I know is on a fixed income and facing the same issues.

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife 

I agree with you.  I hate when you hear people say they're on a fixed income.  Even though I work, so am I.  Do they think we get raises on a daily basis or something?  It's an irritating term.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Magicrat wrote:

@RespectLife 

I agree with you.  I hate when you hear people say they're on a fixed income.  Even though I work, so am I.  Do they think we get raises on a daily basis or something?  It's an irritating term.

All I can say is when you are on a fixed income you will understand. Don't judge, when your income stays the same for 10 years, god willing, you will get the term.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

High prices, and inflation, affects people on fixed income more than the rest. I'm on fixed income, not a whole lot of it and believe me I cannot afford Q clothes. Feel blessed if you're in the population of people who can keep up with those high prices. I'm far from being there. 

You don't have to be on a fixed income to suddenly feel a huge decrease in financial net worth. The stock market dropped like a bomb last week and I'm reeling from a massive loss.

Imagine a lot of others are, too. Tightening our belts has to become a way of life as long as a recession is headed our way. This appears to be wicked for our entire economy. Gas and food have already leaped up and up in in price and continue to rise. Not spending a cent on clothing to feel like a California or Southern female!! No way. Smiley Happy

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

Land's End has some great Draper James pajamas, robes, slippers, and linens.  With prices that were up to 60% off, they are a fantastic deal. I've purchased several of the pajama sets. Some items are on sale on the DJ website.

BFD is okay but I can't take the fabric or the prices.  The Bure and DJ lines do not offer any fresh ideas. Both lines seem designed for children rather than adult women, e.g. short dresses with ruffles and tight bodices.

Super Contributor

Agree 100%. I don't want to get political, although I do have my feelings.  Everything is being blamed on the pandemic to the point of ridiculous. Pretty pitiful when people can't even get baby formula!

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

You don't have to be on a fixed income to suddenly feel a huge decrease in financial net worth. The stock market dropped like a bomb last week and I'm reeling from a massive loss.

Imagine a lot of others are, too. Tightening our belts has to become a way of life as long as a recession is headed our way. This appears to be wicked for our entire economy. Gas and food have already leaped up and up in in price and continue to rise. Not spending a cent on clothing to feel like a California or Southern female!! No way. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Oh I know @bestday  !

I heard that on the news this morning....What WOULD you do?  People are having friends and relatives from all states trying to help them.  And they are disguising the shipping for fear it would be stolen in transit.

You can't just give the baby any old thing!  Their systems would go crazy if you try to just switch to a diff formula because that is what you could find.

Oh sorry, my sweet baby, no formula for you today.....Just awful!!