Contributor

Barefoot Dreams Host Comments

To use sadness & loneliness to sell a Barefoot dreams throw (TSV) is unprofessional & PATHETIC! SHAME ON QVC!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Barefoot Dreams Host Comments

The more I listen the more I get turned off by the hosts lately.  Some of those selling lines are out there.  When you sit back and just listen and not buy it is almost like why did I get  so sucked in at times.

QVC at one time used to carry so much you couldn't get anywhere else and not so much that way any more.    I do appreciate the variety and some of the demonstrations and all in one place but I can do without all the chatter at times.

Honored Contributor

@TUMBLES @Roscoe the Rascal 

That one impressed me as insincere and full of herself.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

@TUMBLES, could you explain what was said exactly?

Respected Contributor

I wonder which host is being scolded here.

I watched a few presentations and didn't hear either host say anything inappropriate. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

She said that the blanket could be comforting to those lonely or going through a difficult time.  I don't have a problem with this as maybe it meant something to those people or as a gift to someone who needs comforting.  How about that jewelry sold with some sort of spiritual or emotional connection?  Or how about the cardinals which are often mentioned here as having a spiritual connection?  None of it bothers me, but it might touch someone who needs something to comfort them.  

Edited to add:  wow, they are really spending a long time on those blankets.  What happened, everyone got their Berkshires and aren't interested in the Barefoots?

Honored Contributor

QVC does it all the time.  Why single out the Barefoot Dreams brand rep?

You've never heard Jane Treacy go on & on in deep sentimentality over red cardinals on absolutely every tchotchke this time of year?

How about Kerstin's near scare tactics about taking those green tablets, red powder, purple lolipops.... before your body deteriorates.   

Any piece of heart or cross jewelry made to bring up long

passed dear relatives.

And don't get me started about the EV Rider and all those loneliness scenarios in every presentation.

The list goes on & on.  

Respected Contributor

@Another new name Sue wrote:

She said that the blanket could be comforting to those lonely or going through a difficult time.  I don't have a problem with this as maybe it meant something to those people or as a gift to someone who needs comforting.  How about that jewelry sold with some sort of spiritual or emotional connection?  Or how about the cardinals which are often mentioned here as having a spiritual connection?  None of it bothers me, but it might touch someone who needs something to comfort them.  

Thanks @Another new name Sue, I guess you never know what pushes some people's buttons. I don't understand why a salesperson saying something to try and make a sale would be unprofessional. To my way of thinking, that's their job.

Honored Contributor

Merely looking at that thing makes me sad and depressed.  Such drab, horrid colors.  I can't imagine the state of mind of someone who would buy it to enhance the appearance of their decor. 

It sounds like it was aptly described. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Totally agree with the OP.  If you listened to her and Kortney go on and on at midnight it was incredibly manipulative.  I couldn't believe it.  And this was not "oh, they are just selling" talk.  Very over the line.  Maybe they needed a new story line since BD seems to be on every day now.  And just to add an additional two cents, there should be a drinking game for every time she said "oh my goodness."  I am surprised that Q gave this relatively small, overpriced piece of polyester a TSV since Berkshire is their bread and butter in this category.  And the quality, size and value of Berkshire is far superior.  JMO.