Respected Contributor

At least in my never humble opinion they are!

I have 2 pet peeves with jewelry shows.  One is showing the host talking from a distance without the piece of jewelry in the shot.  Like "hello Mabel from wherever........"  Camera stays on host talking instead of showing the jewelry WHILE the host is talking.

My second occured a LOT this early morning with Gabrielle and the man that I think is the buyer.  They were showing a few Affinity Diamond rings.  I am actually INTERESTED in one of the types of ring.  I am looking for a sort of petite anniversary band.  They had a couple that interested me.  BUT, since they INSIST ON STACKING these rings, I cannot get a feel for what it really looks like ALONE.  I don't stack rings or bracelets much.  They showed the 1 carat version almost completely over the 1/2 carat version.  I am interested in the smaller one!  My preference, not price.  Then they had a set of 2 very petite band rings in diamonds and sapphires.  The man kept waxing eloquently about the sapphires (I guess more unusual?) and they all but ignored the diamond version ,which is the one I am interested in.

Gabrielle had them stacked, usually the model wore them stacked.  QVC, you MIGHT be missing sales when the customer can't see the SINGLE version of the rings or bracelets.

Hyacinth 

Respected Contributor

Re: Bad jewelry presentations

I SO agree!!! I have complained on QVC Facebook pge several times on this. The camera people need to zoom in on the jewelry, not the hosts. Either zoon in on the models or show close up views in the hands of the hosts. Even when you look at the item online, those pics don't the best views. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

At least in my never humble opinion they are!

I have 2 pet peeves with jewelry shows.  One is showing the host talking from a distance without the piece of jewelry in the shot.  Like "hello Mabel from wherever........"  Camera stays on host talking instead of showing the jewelry WHILE the host is talking.

My second occured a LOT this early morning with Gabrielle and the man that I think is the buyer.  They were showing a few Affinity Diamond rings.  I am actually INTERESTED in one of the types of ring.  I am looking for a sort of petite anniversary band.  They had a couple that interested me.  BUT, since they INSIST ON STACKING these rings, I cannot get a feel for what it really looks like ALONE.  I don't stack rings or bracelets much.  They showed the 1 carat version almost completely over the 1/2 carat version.  I am interested in the smaller one!  My preference, not price.  Then they had a set of 2 very petite band rings in diamonds and sapphires.  The man kept waxing eloquently about the sapphires (I guess more unusual?) and they all but ignored the diamond version ,which is the one I am interested in.

Gabrielle had them stacked, usually the model wore them stacked.  QVC, you MIGHT be missing sales when the customer can't see the SINGLE version of the rings or bracelets.

Hyacinth 

Yes,yes , yes ! So often when I want to actually see what I might purchase, they show the host and someone else blathering away about where I could wear the piece. Show the $&#% jewelry, please. Incidentally, most of us know where to wear our jewelry .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@TX-starlight wrote:

I SO agree!!! I have complained on QVC Facebook pge several times on this. The camera people need to zoom in on the jewelry, not the hosts. Either zoon in on the models or show close up views in the hands of the hosts. Even when you look at the item online, those pics don't the best views. 

It is only polite while the host is talking to a caller to show the host's face.   All the shopping channels always do the same. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I never mentioned anything about callers. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree.  This same problem occurs during fashion shows.   I like to see the texture of the fabrics, especially when the designer says the fabric is new.   When the camera comes in for a close up please hold it still and keep your hands out of the way.   Looking on line does not show texture.  Today so many items are polyester blends and they differ in so many ways.  Not all good.   I seldom watch the jewerly shows anymore unless I have a specific need.  The size of a ring or any piece of jewerly is hard to judge on a form.   When reading reviews women frequently state that the item is so much smaller in person than on air.  The forms and the models have very small wrists.  What happened to the days when jewerly hosts actually had a small ruler and showed us the dimensions?   Maybe I just need a break from some shopping sites for awhile.   I don't like it when I let things like people's actions on a shopping channel get me responding negatively.  Tis the season to be jolly.    Fluffy I may be.  I need to be jolly.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 When I look at a jewelry item online, it may give measurements, but doesn't always show a picture on the model. Saying an earring is 1/4 X 1/4 means nothing unless I see it on an ear. Also I'd like the hosts to tell where the posts on the back of an earring are located. If not exactly 1/3 down down from the top, it will not be balanced & fall forward or sit too low on the earlobe....That's the first thing I learned when making earrings as a metalsmith...placement of the post is "everything" after design. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus  I took a couple of semesters of silversmithing in college (art education major) and loved it but have never had the equipment,  space or know-how to continue with it. When I first moved here,  where there's a smith on every corner,  I couldn't find a single place to take classes.   The best I could do was a beading class at Rio Grande Jewelry Supply. It's so competitive,  I think it's difficult to sell anything.   We have some fantastic silver jewelry made in NM but I'll be darned if I can figure out where they learn it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

I would like them to always show the under gallery of rings and the backs of earrings to see if they are finished or not.  I have concluded they only show under gallery and earring backs IF they are finished. They don't show 'em, I don't buy 'em.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm with you, I like a finished undergallery for rings in particular.  I haven't bought much jewelry from QVC - actually 1 piece that I recall this entire year - because I haven't seen much that I am either a - interested in or b - isn't overpriced IMO.