Contributor

Wow, I cannot believe how QVC has changed. (and not for the good)   Back in the day, the TSV was on for 10 minutes, and they showed a new and different product every 5 to 7 minutes.  They NEVER repeated the same products in the 24 hours of the day.  But now, they have shown the SAME products over and over and over every day, every two hours, all day long.  I have bought several presents from Evine and HSN because the Q doesn't have the great selection they used to have.  They have even stopped coming up with new Diamonique, which I have bought a LOT of over the years.  Haven't bought any Dq for about 5 years now.Woman Sad   Not the great Christmas place to shop, anymore.

Honored Contributor

Not cheerleading for QVC but if their on air promotions didn't work (bring in the sales they're projecting) they wouldn't continue to handle their programming this way.  They're a business and won't change until their bottom line changes.... (and I agree with you as I've been around almost since they started as well....).  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

That was then,  this is now.  Time has a way of marching on.  Don't watch if you don't like what you see.

Honored Contributor

Unfortunately, many stores didn't change and are out of business now.  How we live ours lives has changed in the last twenty years.

Trusted Contributor

"Back in the day," QVC was unique when it came to home shopping.  While they did have some competition from HSN and catalogs, there was no internet.

Now every retailer is online plus we have Amazon.  The "unique" products QVC used to carry are not available at hundreds ifnot thousands of retailers.  QVC now must focus on repeated airings of products which are either house brands or with whom they have a special discount from the manufacturer to survive.

As far as HSN or Evine go, if you think they are not repetitive, you clearly are not watching.

Respected Contributor

I think we all understand that times have changed, that qvc is a business, etc. But the repetative programming and products are boring and many of us have changed our viewing routines for that reason. I, too enjoyed the variety of products in the early years of qvc and I watch less as the programming has changed.  I am sure there is another population to take our place and if not we will see more changes.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Esteemed Contributor

As long as we are going to "back in the day" mode....I remember when the TSV's would sell out at midnight....if you weren't watching...you lost out...as the TSV's were never repeated..ever..

If the product was brought back sometime in the future..not as a TSV.....it would be considerably more expensive...not like the TSVs of today where there is only a dollar or two savings...

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm not watching, I'm not buying; I'm not watching!

Esteemed Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

If I'm not watching, I'm not buying; I'm not watching!

How bizarro! 

You state that as though buying requires watching, or watching results in buying, when in fact, neither are necessarily true.

People buy items at QVC before they're shown on air.

People buy items at QVC that are NEVER shown on air. 

People buy items elsewhere that aren't shown anywhere on air.

But you already know that. 

Trusted Contributor

Back in the day, I didn't get annoyed with hosts shouting excitedly, either. I used to watch shows at night to relax commercial free, but now the hosts are as irritating as commercials are to me, too. I quit watching just anything and only record a few product lines shows now.