Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Back in the day they more than likely did not have enough quantity available to show lengthy presentations and because of this they sold out early.  It seems it is just a good strategy to bring in more and have longer presentations for the channel surfers.  It's obviously working when they are constantly announcing how many new customers bought that day.  Back in the day there were more shows with fru fru home decorating, dolls, costume jewelry, etc which in this day and age not many are interested in any more.  Also back in the day I purchased more junky items that never worked right.  I'll take today's QVC any day!

Respected Contributor

I totally agree with you on this. All their merchandise is stale and same items repeated much to often. I haven't bought a Christmas gift from them for the past two years. They really don't offer good bargains and add in the shipping. There are so many on-line places that offer a truely good deal. I think they are lost many customers.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

If I'm not watching, I'm not buying; I'm not watching!

How bizarro! 

You state that as though buying requires watching, or watching results in buying, when in fact, neither are necessarily true.

People buy items at QVC before they're shown on air.

People buy items at QVC that are NEVER shown on air. 

People buy items elsewhere that aren't shown anywhere on air.

But you already know that. 

From financials going down the toilet, not enough!

Valued Contributor

Remember the quick previews at the top of the hour that let you see if you wanted to shop or go to your show? Oh, and when they actually showed how to use features/demonstrations, instead of constantly stating colors and superficial things nobody cares about. Hosts that just calmly sold items without making you want a xanax. Not showing their own commericals, while flipping from other shows during their commericals.....The good old days.  They have much adapting tand evolving to do.

Valued Contributor

If what they are doing is working, why are they consistently reporting losing money every quarter?

Honored Contributor

@wildlifewitch wrote:

Remember the quick previews at the top of the hour that let you see if you wanted to shop or go to your show? Oh, and when they actually showed how to use features/demonstrations, instead of constantly stating colors and superficial things nobody cares about. Hosts that just calmly sold items without making you want a xanax. Not showing their own commericals, while flipping from other shows during their commericals.....The good old days.  They have much adapting tand evolving to do.

That line gave me the giggles.

And it's true!!

Honored Contributor

Back in the day, I was young. Smiley Sad

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland