Valued Contributor

Why when I changed a check status order to a credit card way sooner than the 15 days allowed for QVC to receive checks did the sold out VPH item go to backorder?  Should mine not have been held in inventory for those 15 days?  Something wrong here!

Trusted Contributor

I pay with my Q Card, and I have had three orders recently turn to back orders with no notice.  I cancelled them all.  When there is inventory remaining, and I place an order, I expect to receive it promptly.  

Honored Contributor

@just wonder    I guess they figure a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..... the prize goes to the paying customer.   That's the risk you take when you "play" the system.  They have no way of knowing if you'll ever send your check.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for posting, this has happened to me several times and it really ticks me off. If they can't fulfill check orders than they shouldn't offer it. Just one more reason to stop shopping with QVC.

Regular Contributor

Don't feel bad ... I don't do check orders and always pay with my credit card on file ... and wouldn't you know ... I have Back Orders too!!

I've decided to call it "Shipping Shenanigans and Back Order Debacles" ... and in today's technolgy, I think it's ridiculous.

Example 1:  Ordered the Valerie TSV Lantern recently in a popular color ... Blue ... early in the day and way before it sold out ... and my order went to Back Order within a couple of days.  I get the distinct feeling that they are not shipping "first come, first serve" AT ALL ... that their shipping system prioritizes by shipping destinations, discount formula or some such thing ... because there is no other explanation for me not getting my blue lantern.

Example 2:  Watched a Lock & Lock item, missed the presentation, it sold out but then I put it on my wish list and it became available again (within a couple of days), so I ordered it ... thinking some cancelled orders freed up inventory.  So, my order says "In Process" for 10 DAYS and now, today says "Back Order".  I think it's ridiculous ... how can such a large company be so inept at inventory management and order processing?

While I'm on it, I'd like to air another shipping concern.  I'm in New England.  Whenever an item I order winds up coming out of the California warehouse, well, it takes days and days before it ships (but it's in the "In Process" loop so I can't cancel if I even wanted to due to the shipping delay) AND THEN you can't track your package.  Of course, there's a tracking button, but all mine will show are the Calfiornia scans ... no other package scans across the country ... so I have no idea when the package is going to arrive.  

Frustrated and annoyed.

Esteemed Contributor

@sashamatthews 

@sashamatthews wrote:

I pay with my Q Card, and I have had three orders recently turn to back orders with no notice.  I cancelled them all.  When there is inventory remaining, and I place an order, I expect to receive it promptly.  

This happen to me with Lessman vits. from advance order to backorder.  It,s been a month.  I complained to pro caps that QVC is not honoring his sale when he was on in Aug. They pro caps honored it and is sending me the item at the special price.  They have noted my complaint to them about QVC numerous times and QVC doing nothing about it, not asking emails nothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just wonder    I guess they figure a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush..... the prize goes to the paying customer.   That's the risk you take when you "play" the system.  They have no way of knowing if you'll ever send your check.

Has nothing to do with that.  I have been cust. For 25+ years, no check hold and they did the same to me.  They just have gotten horrible, so a person has to stop buying from QVC.  No problem with HSN orders.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition    I have no idea what they did to you, but I place many orders and they haven't done a thing to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I buy Lessman from HSN only.  The shipments are always prompt and the prices - if you watch for the sales - are very good.

Trusted Contributor

I cancel any item listed "in stock" when I order with a credit card and then moves to backorder or waitlist.  For a while, the Q did that to Me, moving me from " in stock" to "backorder" to " cancelled." Now, I just hasten the process, deciding to cancel in a day or so.  If I know when I order ( always paying with a credit card) that an item is waitlisted, then I am willing to wait patiently.