Honored Contributor

Re: BRANDS ON Q THAT DID NOT MAKE IT

[ Edited ]

Peterboro baskets.

Gary Collins had a line of men's sweaters.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that having brands disappear is all that unusual.  Doesn't that happen lots of places?

I know the brands I used to buy at Nordstrom on a steady basis have all but disappeared and where I used to buy maybe a dozen garments a year, in the past 3 years, I bought just one and that one was Feb of 2015!  Nothing at all in 2016, a scarf in 2017, and nothing so far in 2018. Just nothing there for me right now!

As for the Q losses -  nothing I really miss is there.  I used to think I'd be upset if Honora and Eterna Gold disappeared, but since I quit buying jewelry almost 6 years ago, I guess even they wouldn't matter.

What would I miss?  Graver, Philosophy, and Dr, Perricone, but 2018 is a slow year for me even with them because I'm determined to use what I have already before buying new. 

Super Contributor

Yes loved those handbags from NY...MAXX handbags appeared with owner Cherie Christmas.  Just wore a small tote last week that looks brand new!maxx handbag

Honored Contributor

Regis Philben men's clothing.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I remember 

Citiknits

Indigo Moon

Bradley Bayou

@Spurt, didn't the wiggle-jiggle lady, Rene, show Citiknits (which I liked) and QVC dropped it when Rene started her own line?

Also, Perlier moved from QVC to HSN many moons ago.  They used to have a gold jewelry line from MA and a silver line (another I liked) from RI.  

SG originally had great, practical clothing and Jessica Holbrook was another - both QVC lines, one's changed drastically; the other's gone.

Trusted Contributor

@namaste000 wrote:

Yes loved those handbags from NY...MAXX handbags appeared with owner Cherie Christmas.  Just wore a small tote last week that looks brand new!maxx handbag

Omg! Forgot about MAXX bags. I loved them and bought quite a few back in the day. Thanks for the memories! 😊

Super Contributor

@KathyM23

The Italian sweaters were Gabriella T. Beautiful line.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

The singers Steve Lawrence and Eydie Gorme' brought in a cookware set called "Gourmet Cookware."  I only saw it presented once at night.  Never heard of it again.  

Honored Contributor

Indigo Moon and yes Koos of Course, I just donated a bag of his, talk about clown clothes.LOL

Honored Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

Indigo Moon and yes Koos of Course, I just donated a bag of his, talk about clown clothes.LOL

Isn't it funny when we look back at clothes we bought years ago?  I know I have to say "what was I thinking?"  I have donated all my CitiKnits, Quacker Factory, Denim & Co.  and Susan Graver.  I think I have one Dialogue suit--need to see how it fits.  I find many items I bought years ago were not good styles or good fit for me--too long, too large, too baggy, etc.