Esteemed Contributor

Re: BRANDS ON Q THAT DID NOT MAKE IT

@Shanus wrote:

@bootsanne wrote:

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but didn't Whoopi Goldberg have a 1 and done show?  I thought it was bedding or some kind of home furnishing stuff.  I also think Delta Burke, Bobby Chez who had the worst burgers I ever had in my life, rarely see Nick Chavez, list goes on and on.

@bootsanne  Nick Chavez coming up w/ lots of shows in 1 day. Did I have Cheryl Burke exercise wear on list ? Haven’t seen Susan’s Lucci’s high priced workout wear again either.

@Shanus   Cheryl Burke items were ridiculously priced.  I knew the first time I saw them that she would not last. 

Respected Contributor

@MimiLouise

I remember Linda Dani and her home furnishings.  I have her removable lid drum table with hobnails that sits by my favorite chair up at the mountain place.

Wish more things beautiful, useful, and as well made were available...and reasonably priced.  Thank you Linda ❤️

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

I remember Andrew Lessman vitamins. He moved on to HSN.

Little off topic, but my sister is a Andrew Lessmen freak.  She smokes, she drinks, she is way over weight, never gets any exercise.   If people only realized that you have to eat healthy and get excercise.   People think if they pop vitamins they are healthy.  My brother used to have vitamins lined up on the kitchen counter.  He passed at 55.  

How about Suzanne Summers?  I saw her once and poof.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Several Q vendors are now over at HSN.  Maybe got a better deal with HSN or...Q did not ask them back!!!

Andrew Ledsman

Perlier

Ojon guy

Smashbox lady

Blonde lady that always came out in curlers...YBF???

A plant potion that made plants grow

Joy Mangano

And I remember Koos and the Italian sweater lady, Gabriela??

Esteemed Contributor

@chiclets wrote:

Joan Collins, the actress, had a jewelry line. Her product did not last. Jeffrey Hewson was the host and she kept interrupting the presentation wanting a retake!  Jeff told her there were no retakes, it was live TV but she kept doing it, and he just looked, completely fed up.

@chiclets Plus, she kept saying on air, "How we doing? Selling alot and making money?" Hewson just kept repeating that yes, Q is live!

Honored Contributor

Polish Stoneware with Gloria.  I always thought it sold well.  It was beautiful, and I have some pieces.  It must have been too expensive to make QVC a lot of money.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Super Contributor

Models Prefer. Used it for several years.

Esteemed Contributor

Mentioning jewelry...

Beverly Hills Gold

1928 Jewelry

Loni Anderson

Angie Dickinson

Carol Channing Broadway Collection

Morgan Fairchild Diamonique Collection

Nolan Miller

Kenneth Jay Lane

Carolee Jewelry

Judith Jack

Honored Contributor

Re: BRANDS ON Q THAT DID NOT MAKE ITh

[ Edited ]

Kenneth Jay Lane and Nolan Miller were both very successful on QVC.  However, both have passed away, so it's not surprising that their lines have been discontinued.

I would love to see some of the programs they used to do, like OctoberFest, with all the wonderful items from Germany and the Black Forest.  I guess those days of special shows are gone forever.

(At least I think they did that here, but it could've been while I was still in England.)

Fenton Art Glass is gone.  Ann King is gone.  I have pieces from both of those lines.  Ann's jewelry was beautiful and of high quality; however, it didn't use Diamonique, so...bye, bye!

Echo of the Dreamer was another wonderful jewelry line.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Mark Zunino was great when on!

Visiting family last week--I noticed he is currently available at the Dallas Neiman Marcus with an upcoimg trunk show!!  

He seemed super nice and very very talented and he was great with a former favorite host!!