Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: BRANDS ON Q THAT DID NOT MAKE IT

[ Edited ]

While some brands that had short stints here could probably be said not to have made it, a number of the brands mentioned so far appeared for some time before they faded into the sunset... That said, my own view is that defining 'didn't make it' is sort of a moving target... 

I'd add to the 'never took off' roster the Kardashians. Though it appeared the Kardashian mama and sisters were given every opportunity, the QVC audience never was wowed by their, uh, talents... 

Lots of clothing labels seem to have come and gone, some rather quickly, but it's unclear whether they didn't make it or, as was suggested, their contract was short-term, given that with fashion, 'flavor of the month' changes so quickly...

Personally, I'd like to see some of the longer term brands taking up so much air time and leading to such boring programming be shown the door...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Don't forget Cindy Crawdord with her facial products. I think she was on two or three times, then nothing. What happened to Victoria Principal, thst lasted for quite sometime

Trusted Contributor

I don't want to get polical - I remember a few years back Donald Trump had a steak house.

Also Jessica Simpson

Trusted Contributor

I own a simply beautiful comforter/shams/throw pillow set on the only few shows I’ve ever seen on QVC with Tim Gunn. He appeared just for one day, close to Christmas, a few years ago. I’d guess perhaps 2014 or 2015. His bedding and home decor offerings were very beautiful but a bit high priced. 

I bought that blue patterned (reversible) bedding set, gave it a rave review for its prettiness and quality as one of fewer than a dozen purchasers who reviewed it.  I never saw one appearance of Tim Gunn or his line ever again on QVC. The bedding has held up well and looks great when my bedroom is dressed up for winter. The comforter is way too warm for year round. 

Does anyone else at all remember that Tim Gunn “day” on QVC?

Respected Contributor

Liz Claiborne was acquired by JCPenney. I’m guessing the agreement involved exclusive rights to the name.
Trusted Contributor

Kathy VanZeeland purses

Kathy Levine's costume jewelry

Marie Osmond's dolls

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Christopher Radko, Kardashian's, Koos, Yves Roche, and many others. 

Honored Contributor

Star Jones fashions

Heidi Klum jewelry (I still have a ring of hers)

Graziela Gems

Wendy Williams (before she went to HSN)

Respected Contributor

@bootsanne, I see that Bobby Chez is now on Evine. I never purchased as all food items are pretty much out of my price range.

Honored Contributor

@bootsanne wrote:

Maybe I'm hallucinating, but didn't Whoopi Goldberg have a 1 and done show?  I thought it was bedding or some kind of home furnishing stuff.  I also think Delta Burke, Bobby Chez who had the worst burgers I ever had in my life, rarely see Nick Chavez, list goes on and on.

@bootsanne  Nick Chavez coming up w/ lots of shows in 1 day. Did I have Cheryl Burke exercise wear on list ? Haven’t seen Susan’s Lucci’s high priced workout wear again either.