Respected Contributor

Re: BFD....why so expensive?

@Kachina624 wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

They even showed it as a bathrobe. I hope none of us are that stupid. If I pay nearly $100 for something, I'd want it to be nice enough to wear outside of the house. The thing is just too long.

@AuntG.  How about $145. for pajamas?

It's a California  "thing".

A California/China thing...these are not made in U.S. so what is the difference.

Contributor

I think the line looks kind of nice from a distance but when they zoom in tight on the fabric. it looks cheap. Reminds me of a cheap towel full of fuzz and pulls. Some of it looks thick and heavy and some looks thin but NONE of it looks worth the prices they are asking.

As for Vionics, if you suffered from plantar fasciitis like I do, you'd be willing to pay more for Vionic and Birkenstock to walk pain free. I own one pair of MaryJanes, two pair of thong sandals and two pair of slippers but I bought ALL at DSW for a discount or with my rewards.

Respected Contributor

@10000thnickname wrote:

It's pretty clear the Q is shooting for higher end products at least for the 3 Fall Fashion Days.  The Laurie Felt jeans yesterday and the Barefoot Dreams sweather coat today....both higher end products. 
I remember fall fashion events when Denim & Co would be the big draw. Wow. How times have changed.
It must be that they are selling the high end products, at least so it would seem. 

@10000thnickname 

Wasnt the Laurie Felt line once sold as "Hot in Hollywood" line on HSN?  I seem to recall her items were less expensive.

Hyacinth

Super Contributor

@hyacinth003 Oh my gosh, I think you are right!  I kept thinking that the line was familiar.
Anyone else remember?

Contributor

Yes, Laurie has mentioned on air several times that her company used to be called Hot in Hollywood.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10000thnickname wrote:

@hyacinth003 Oh my gosh, I think you are right!  I kept thinking that the line was familiar.
Anyone else remember?

@hyacinth003 I remember when Laurie was on HSN. Her line was called Hot In Hollywood..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not get my money's worth of wearing the BFD cardigan.  Living in the Northeast this could be worn in the Fall in place of a jacket, but come winter what coat would go over this length cardigan?  Maybe a coat that went to your ankles.  Too expensive to just wear around the house no matter how soft and cozy it is.  I am Petite, and the Petite length was still longer than I would wear.  Regular size had the option to buy Petite and I think they started to suggest this because people wearing Regular were saying it was too long and they needed to see the Petite sizes because Petites were not buying!

Regular Contributor

I really like the BFD lines.  I buy on sale or when it's a TSV and don't think of $80 for a good sweater that expensive.  It wears well and can be washed which saves me $$$ on dry cleaning.  I've given items as gifts and the fabric always gets rave reviews.  My money, my choice.

Honored Contributor

We've a two-fer: Drag Oprah yet again over the rails and blame California (for everything you don't like).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

It's a clever marketing gimmick that works since celebrity endorsed products flood the market. 

@manny2 

On the other hand.....many people are TURNED OFF by celebrity endorsements.......some so called celebrities just take money to let a manufacturer use their name and haven't a clue regarding the product....so people are no longer impressed.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”