Super Contributor

Re: BFD....why so expensive?

It's pretty clear the Q is shooting for higher end products at least for the 3 Fall Fashion Days.  The Laurie Felt jeans yesterday and the Barefoot Dreams sweather coat today....both higher end products. 
I remember fall fashion events when Denim & Co would be the big draw. Wow. How times have changed.
It must be that they are selling the high end products, at least so it would seem. 

Honored Contributor

Maybe they are trying more of the higher end/higher priced, celebrity recommended items  to attract younger customers.  (I still don't think they will watch QVC)

Respected Contributor

@Daysdee wrote:

Maybe they are trying more of the higher end/higher priced, celebrity recommended items  to attract younger customers.  (I still don't think they will watch QVC)

No young target audience people I know watch, they laugh at me!

Respected Contributor

I always go to eBay, I may not get stuff just as it comes out but sooner or later it ends up there.  All brand new stuff with the tags still on.

I always find it amazing what people buy and then for whatever reason they don’t return it. Or maybe somebody else bought it for them, and they just don’t like it.

I have a barefoot dreams bathrobe with a hood I got on eBay last year after Christmas, it is just the most wonderful thing, long and warm and cozy,  I love it!

Contributor

I had to laugh when I saw the header for free shipping and handling on all BFD items and then added the " you're welcome".  It is a product I don't intend to buy.  Maybe some people don't mind spending $88 for a tee shirt, but not this person.  I will spend money on Vionics.  I have had a back problem for a very long time and the Vionic orthotic does help prevent the back and knee pain.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

@wakefield64what else is similar?  I don't even know what BFD means so I have no idea why it's costly.    Unlikely because Oprah likes it -  seems it was probably priced before anyone knew.

any other QVC line that sell long sweaters!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zukie Absolutely it pays to buy good shoes if you have foot problems or leg problems. 

I usually get Propet from Zappos. I bought a pair of sketchers from the Q this week. I'll see if they work for me. I have edema  and it's harder to fit a shoe right.

Honored Contributor

BFD looks like rags, like someone's been washing & wearing it for years.

I guess that's the style now.

I bought some BFD socks at Sam's Club last year, they were junk.

Didn't fit well and wore out in the toe within a few weeks.

I only wore them indoors, in my slippers.

Honored Contributor

The thinner fabrics just don't appeal to me and I've looked long and hard at them.  Today's TSV brought back memories of a black sweater I had years ago from Nordstroms that was similar but heavier.  I loved that sweater, it was warm but not too warm or heavy.  I think I gave it to a thrift shop and sure wish I hadn't because it still looked wonderful.  I seriously thought about buying the TSV (in black) this morning in the hope of sort of replicating it but I decided it was too long (even in Petit) too expensive and not the same so I'd likely be disappointed.  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I don't own any of the CozyChic Lite fabric, but do have three sweaters of their heavier fabric.  I love them and get a lot of wear out of them.  Except for the coldest of winter days, I wore my BFD sweaters a good part of the winter.  Love me BFD purchases (but I can't speak to the ClozyChic Lite fabric).  (Oh, and I fold mine over a hangar.)