Respected Contributor

Please someone educate me on this.....why so much more than other similar items? I am not impressed that Oprah loves them so I need other reasons.

Respected Contributor

Re: BFD....why so expensive?

Funny you should ask.  I’ve been asking that same question ever since it came on the scene at QVC.  I’ve also asked about the exorbitant prices of Vionics. I have tried both brands and can truthfully say they are horrifically overpriced.

Super Contributor

Re: BFD....why so expensive?I

I agree.  What is so special about it.  I could care less what Oprah likes.  TSV looks like a bathrobe, would never pay $80,00 for one

Trusted Contributor

I think it's because they want to attract the customers who only buy expensive items.

Honored Contributor

They even showed it as a bathrobe. I hope none of us are that stupid. If I pay nearly $100 for something, I'd want it to be nice enough to wear outside of the house. The thing is just too long.

Esteemed Contributor

It's a clever marketing gimmick that works since celebrity endorsed products flood the market. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Because there are many people willing to pay the price. 

Honored Contributor

Because it is.  Buy it, like it, or not. 

Honored Contributor

@wakefield64what else is similar?  I don't even know what BFD means so I have no idea why it's costly.    Unlikely because Oprah likes it -  seems it was probably priced before anyone knew.

Honored Contributor

@Spacrazylol my feet and back love the Vionics I have.  AND -  they are just about the cheapest shoes I've bought in the last 10 years.  Usually to find comfort, I have to spend much more.   Maybe your feet are too good for Vionics!

No idea about the other product -  don't even know what that is!