Honored Contributor

Re: BEWARE of STOWE MERCANTILE !!!

@Cats3000 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I read her original posting.  All she said was that she sent them a $260 order.  If she had said, in that posting, that they didn't charge her, I wouldn't have mentioned the dispute.  If they were closed, they should have notified all of their purchasers that their orders would be either delayed or cancelled.  If you're running a business, you have to deal with problems every day and resolve them to meet the needs of your customers.

It's useful to read the entire thread, as often an OP's story changes or additional information is added.

Honored Contributor

@MarnieRez3- The OP wasn't charged for the order which wasn't fulfilled, so no refund is due.

It was nice to read your positive review of this small company, which must be struggling during this terrible pandemic.  So glad you enjoyed the items you bought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

So essentially the OP has been waiting a little over two weeks... Sorry, I just can't get excited about that when it's a given that right now almost everything is taking longer than we'd normally anticipate...  Personally, I'm giving pretty much everything an extra 10 days or so before I start getting antsy...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cats3000 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ  I read her original posting.  All she said was that she sent them a $260 order.  If she had said, in that posting, that they didn't charge her, I wouldn't have mentioned the dispute.  If they were closed, they should have notified all of their purchasers that their orders would be either delayed or cancelled.  If you're running a business, you have to deal with problems every day and resolve them to meet the needs of your customers.

@Cats3000  She said she found out after the third call that she was never charged. I'm not interested in what the company did or didn't do and the way the op posted things who knows what happened. And as another poster said, I have a feeling they were deemed as a non essential company and shut down.

Trusted Contributor

Vermont is a beautiful, beautiful state populated by very friendly, laid-back people!!! 💚💚the Green Mountain State!!!!!😃
Respected Contributor

I placed two orders with The Container Store and was told up front that all orders were not even being prepared for shipping for at least three weeks.    I wasn't in any big hurry to receive them so I went ahead and placed the orders about a week apart.  

It did take almost a month to receive my orders but I knew that they would be delayed and I was fine with it.    

Almost all of my online orders from different companies are taking long than usual.  I understand companies are being stretched to the max now and I'm just appreciative that I am still able to order online.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@comedy clubber wrote:

Why in the world would I complain to customer service of QVC about something sold by another company about the  another company's product??????????  I was just informing CS that the Stowe Mercantile was not a good small business to promote!!!

The cra ppy fudge was stupidly ordered during a QVC Gourmet Holiday show!!!  WE NEVER RECEIVED the order from STOWE MERCANTILE!!!

OP needs to chill out and stop yelling.  Stuff happens.  Stowe wasn't open due to covid when the order was placed.  That's beyond their control.  It takes time to get back up and running.  I realize patience can easily wear thin right now.  This seems over the top.

Trusted Contributor

@Cats3000  ..... At least if they were closed they had an excuse. QVC is open and selling. When was the last time you placed an order on QVC and was notified it was being delayed or the item was out of stock and on backorder?

Honored Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@Cats3000  ..... At least if they were closed they had an excuse. QVC is open and selling. When was the last time you placed an order on QVC and was notified it was being delayed or the item was out of stock and on backorder?

@Sheila P-Burg 

I get emails all the time on orders that are delayed or have been backordered.  Got 2 today.

Trusted Contributor

@RespectLife  ..... I am glad you receive e-mails because I have never received one nor received any telephone calls telling me. Must be another one of these instances where some do some don't.