Honored Contributor

Re: BEWARE of STOWE MERCANTILE !!!

I saw their promo on Q.  He said they had to lay off all their employees and he and his business partner were using their own funds to try and keep afloat.

With no employees, and perhaps more online orders coming in than ever before, couldn't you be a little more understanding and patient?

If you didn't get your maple syrup or other products, is that really so horrible?  You weren't charged.

You have a lot of complaint threads started.

Respected Contributor

You do realize that we are in the midst of a pandemic? You are complaining about a small business that is struggling to stay open and you are slamming this business because you didn't receive some fudge?? You said that you didn't receive your order but then you said that the fudge tasted like tootsie rolls. So who knows what really happened. They didn't charge you so why exactly is this company so awful?

Respected Contributor

Ok I see where you are complaining about Stowe Vermont because you didn't receieve your order but wre not charged and you are complaining about fudge that you did receive from QVC and you didn't like it. Maybe take a break from online ordering. 

Trusted Contributor

@comedy clubber wrote:

Why in the world would I complain to customer service of QVC about something sold by another company about the  another company's product??????????  I was just informing CS that the Stowe Mercantile was not a good small business to promote!!!

The cra ppy fudge was stupidly ordered during a QVC Gourmet Holiday show!!!  WE NEVER RECEIVED the order from STOWE MERCANTILE!!!

--     
It sounds like they're a small business, that hit a rough patch, got overwhelmed, most likely, and an error was made.  It happens.  

I think you made your point that, you were justifiably unhappy, without the shouting! 

It's not like you were fraudently charged, or, that you'd placed repeat orders with the company, and had nothing but trouble.  

One bad experience, with any company, at this time, wouldn't make me inclined to trash them. A lot of businesses, out ther, under intense pressure, just trying to survive! 

Trusted Contributor

I had the exact OPPOSITE experience. I saw Stowe being promoted on HSN and I immediately ordered pancake mix, maple syrup, jellies, apple butter and muffin mixes from the company.

Everything was packaged perfectly, arrived exactly when promised, and included a free package of crackers as a Thank You gift, along with a lovely Thank You card from the owners and a brochure describing their other products.

Since we have not been able to get any flour-based mixes like pancake mix or Bisquik or flour itself in our stores here in northern California, I was thrilled to be able to order these products from another state.

My family raved about the pancakes and the jug of amber maple syrup we ordered was sublime. We have yet to try the jellies but are looking forward to them. 

Sorry your order did not meet your expectations. I am actually trying to support ALL the small businesses that HSN and The Q are trying to promote - it is a great idea and I appreciate the effort.

At the same time, you have to realize most of these businesses are ramping up after being closed for weeks or months - they may be short-staffed after having furloughed or laid off their staff entirely.

Please continue to support the stores nationwide that have been devastated by this pandemic. I hope you will be able to secure a refund for your order. Heart

Respected Contributor

If you can cancel the order, you might want to do that.  If you used a credit card, dispute the charge.  You might also want to consider filing a complaint with the Vermont Attorney General's Office.  They ought to be aware of what happened.

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

If you can cancel the order, you might want to do that.  If you used a credit card, dispute the charge.  You might also want to consider filing a complaint with the Vermont Attorney General's Office.  They ought to be aware of what happened.

@Cats3000  Disput what? She wasn't charged for anything and didn't give anyone money. Did you read what was posted?

Respected Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

@Cats3000  . You're being sarcastic right right?  

Occasional Contributor

As someone who has actually been to the phycial store, I have only had the same experience as goinbacktocali. It's a small Mom & Pop shop in beautiful Stowe, which is a wonderful ski town and one fot he BEST places to go for foliage. I am sorry to hear about your order but it is a small business, struggling to stay afloat and then they were promoted on QVC with millions of customers. Erros will happen, if you didn't get charged, or they fully refunded you, I understand it's not a great experience but maybe have some grace and think about the big picture that they may be overwhelmed experiencing a new volume during a time where it's likely running on a skeleton crew. 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ  I read her original posting.  All she said was that she sent them a $260 order.  If she had said, in that posting, that they didn't charge her, I wouldn't have mentioned the dispute.  If they were closed, they should have notified all of their purchasers that their orders would be either delayed or cancelled.  If you're running a business, you have to deal with problems every day and resolve them to meet the needs of your customers.