Regular Contributor

BEWARE of STOWE MERCANTILE !!!

Hi,

We tried to support this business with a 263 dollar online order, on May 14 , 2020, after seeing their small business story on the Q.

Well, today is JUn 2, 2020, and after waiting this incredible amount of time to receive the purchase, we were basically told that they never even collected the items nor shipped the package.  I guess they don't need the business after all.  What a shame.

Trusted Contributor

Re: BEWARE of STOWE MERCANTILE !!!

@comedy clubber  Did they still charge you?  I would be upset also if they did that.  

Respected Contributor

What does collect the items mean & who told you that?

Regular Contributor

Collect means to gather the items ordered together and ready them for shipment.  We found out after the third call that they never charged us because they never honestly processed the order after we received an email telling us the order was in process the day that we ordered the items.

Honored Contributor

Why was Q promoting them?  A lot of small businesses have been affected by the shutdown, so why focus on Stowe?

The first review on Yelp is from Ron A. in AZ.  He learned about the Mercantile from David Venable and his review is quite positive.

Regular Contributor

Bully for Ron in Arizona, maybe he is a transplant from Vermont.  I would never recommend nor would I purchase from them again.

Honored Contributor

Makes no sense.  Does op mean gather together all pieces of fudge??  But yet just a few minutes later OP posted "This fudge tastes and is textured like Tootsie rolls, which I haven't enjoyed since the first time in first grade!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  Sounds like she did get the order and wants a refund because of that.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@comedy clubber wrote:

Collect means to gather the items ordered together and ready them for shipment.  We found out after the third call that they never charged us because they never honestly processed the order after we received an email telling us the order was in process the day that we ordered the items.

Stowe Mercantile was closed for 2+ months & opened May 22nd. I don't know where you placed an order but it's unfair to damage their reputation IF they didn't fulfill your order because of the virus closure...I'm sorry that happened with your order but everyone must understand that small businesses are struggling to keep their doors open, others are closed for good & many in my State are still closed, waiting for the Governor to deem them essential.

Regular Contributor

Why in the world would I complain to customer service of QVC about something sold by another company about the  another company's product??????????  I was just informing CS that the Stowe Mercantile was not a good small business to promote!!!

The cra ppy fudge was stupidly ordered during a QVC Gourmet Holiday show!!!  WE NEVER RECEIVED the order from STOWE MERCANTILE!!!

Regular Contributor

Perhaps they were not physically open the day we ordered, but the day before that they were begging for online orders on QVC.  No way to run a business.