Esteemed Contributor

I was reading reviews on the Clarisonic Mia2 Sonic Cleanser with 3 Additional Brush Heads and was caught off guard by just how many reviewers had only 1 review in their profile, and it had 5 stars. I have been with the Q a long time, and have never seen practice quite this disturbing. I understand it is a good product, and people are excited to inform those of us that read reviews of its efficacy. That said, my ( THINGS THAT MAKE YOU GO HMMMM ) meter went off. For those of you that may not understand what I am referring to, just read the review of this particular item and it will become clear to you. Make certain it is this exact item, as there are several versions of this item.

Honored Contributor

OK -  I'll treat those reviews the same way I do those who've never posted ehre and then come and rant how horrid something was or how bad CS is or how overpriced some item is.

I suspect OP thinks QVC psoted those reviews just as they also post all the k*rap I read here on the forums?  And, no, I don't work for QVC, don't even spend much at all any longer (here or anywhere), but my experience has been overwhelmingly good when I trust my own judgment.

That judgment tells when most often when there's a lot of B-S going on.

PS - I don't have the Mia2, but if I did and loved it as much as I do my Plus and my old Mia, I might post a review -  and guess, what?  It would be my first review!   For all the thousands of dollars I've spent over the years, I never wrote a review, positive or negative!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEWARE OF REVIEWS!

[ Edited ]

I don't watch QVC live, I do check in if there is something of interest, usually some sort of electronic device.  However I do shop online and do check out what is being offered.  I read reviews first, it sort of helps me to avoid impulse buying.  But I NEVER trust one place to get my reviews.  I usually go to Amazon, read what they have.  I also GOOGLE the item and check to see if it is sold OUT THERE by others and I then check the reviews.  If it is a standard everyday item, I check Comsumers Reports.  By the time I am finished I  probably have forgotten why I needed it in the first place.  Saves me lots of money, time however... not so much.  

I will say I have gotten this down to a science and YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE that is why the reputation of the retailer is important to me...  1. Will they stand by the product in case something "ain't quite right?"  2.  Will I get my money back and will I NOT have to pay for shipping both ways.  

Respected Contributor

@SandySparkles  Good detective work........it always pays not to take everything at face value.  I agree with your assessment!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

It's a very good product.  Are you saying it's not? 

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles, I understand your concern, I looked at what you looked at and kinda went hmmmmm, too. Not to say Q is doing this, it could as easily be Clarisonic IF anything is being done in a sneaky way.

I know it happens on Amazon. I bought a specific brand of Turmeric. When it was delivered, there was a note card that said they would send me a free bottle if I would write a five-star review, with instructions on how to do it. I'm not that way, so rejected their offer, although I did like the product well enough. There are a ton of 5-star reviews, though!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

Thank you

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

@ MomCat...I mentioned in my post that it was a good product. I never denied that. I was merely expressing my surprise at the overwhelming number of 1 review profiles with 5 stars. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@MaggieMack...Thank you for your observation. I too, have seen that on Amazon but I had never seen it here to that degree. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde...Thank you Smiley Happy