Honored Contributor

@STYLE   If you really want to have an impact, I think you have to follow the money --  unless you know Amazon and Walmart and Target, for example, have already stopped buying from China, I would start with the big 3.

Have you already demanded the same from them?  

Honored Contributor

@STYLE  Try The American Made Clothing Co.  Made in America but don't know where the actual material is made.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@STYLE  Try The American Made Clothing Co.  Made in America but don't know where the actual material is made.

@proudlyfromNJ    Do you remember years ago the TV ads with which we were constantly assaulted that encouraged us to buy American goods with the union label?  There was a catchy little tune that accompanied it that urged you to "look for the union label".

Those were absolutely the worst, most poorly made clothes I've ever worn.  As soon as you got them, probably with the first wearing, the buttons fell off.  Seams puckered, pulled out and unraveled, hems fell out.

I have never lost a button from or had these other issues with any Chinese a made garment.  I'm very pleased with their quality.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

QVC could not exist if not for China-sourced products, sadly.

I was shocked to see my Wilton sprinkles are made in China ... what-!  We can't even make sprinkles for cupcakes with 'petroleum-colored' dyes here in the US-?

Honored Contributor

Re: BEGGING QVC!

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ    Do you remember years ago the TV ads with which we were constantly assaulted that encouraged us to buy American goods with the union label?  There was a catchy little tune that accompanied it that urged you to "look for the union label".

Those were absolutely the worst, most poorly made clothes I've ever worn.  As soon as you got them, probably with the first wearing, the buttons fell off.  Seams puckered, pulled out and unraveled, hems fell out.

I have never lost a button from or had these other issues with any Chinese a made garment.  I'm very pleased with their quality.

@Kachina624  Yes, I remember that catchy little tune from ages ago. It's been so long, I can't remember how my clothes fared. I don't care where my clothes are made, just sending some info for those who are adamant about having clothes made here. Of course building back all the factories that have been repurposed and finding people to sew, well, all that takes millions upon millions of dollars and won't happen anytime soon. I have a lounging outfit on now made in Pakistan. It hasn't lasted very long. The ones made in China last longer.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Many, if not most, of our Rx drugs are made in China. No choice there.

Or India. My most recent Rx said it was manufactured in India.

Honored Contributor

One of my meds says mfr Sciegen pharmaceuticals. Seems to be on Long Island, NY.

Honored Contributor

@santorini  I agree....but where would we find the workers?

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   You are right...NOW there is no choice....too sad.

Honored Contributor

@lil sophie   When she was the designer at QVC, they were made in Thailand.