Frequent Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@STYLE  Try The American Made Clothing Co.  Made in America but don't know where the actual material is made.

@proudlyfromNJ    Do you remember years ago the TV ads with which we were constantly assaulted that encouraged us to buy American goods with the union label?  There was a catchy little tune that accompanied it that urged you to "look for the union label".

Those were absolutely the worst, most poorly made clothes I've ever worn.  As soon as you got them, probably with the first wearing, the buttons fell off.  Seams puckered, pulled out and unraveled, hems fell out.

I have never lost a button from or had these other issues with any Chinese a made garment.  I'm very pleased with their quality.

Wow, you've been lucky!  I've had all those problems with Chinese made clothes.  

Respected Contributor

Better yet. stop BUYING goods made in China.  If we don't buy them, they'll eventually stop selling them.

Honored Contributor

@lovepink wrote:

Actually we can get MANY of our drugs from Israel!  They are from Teva.  I refuse any drugs from China and India.  Too many problems with them.  

@lovepink   I won't accept/pick up any of my meds from India...some have not been identical. Teva is a great source.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 - where do you think cell phones/computers are made? Or the parts to many household items or car parts.

If we stopped buying goods from China, our households would be empty.

China manufacturing goods is definitely not something new. I was putting away some of my winter mugs yesterday and noticed they were made in China. Now, I'm going to tell you they are more than 20 years old - so not something new.

Respected Contributor

@lovepink wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@STYLE  Try The American Made Clothing Co.  Made in America but don't know where the actual material is made.

@proudlyfromNJ    Do you remember years ago the TV ads with which we were constantly assaulted that encouraged us to buy American goods with the union label?  There was a catchy little tune that accompanied it that urged you to "look for the union label".

Those were absolutely the worst, most poorly made clothes I've ever worn.  As soon as you got them, probably with the first wearing, the buttons fell off.  Seams puckered, pulled out and unraveled, hems fell out.

I have never lost a button from or had these other issues with any Chinese a made garment.  I'm very pleased with their quality.

Wow, you've been lucky!  I've had all those problems with Chinese made clothes.  

Same here. The China-made clothing I've had are NOT good quality or fit.

Honored Contributor

@STYLE wrote:

STOP SELLING GOODS MADE IN CHINA!!!   THE RESISTANCE TO THEIR GOODS HAS GOT TO START SOMEWHERE.   I FOR ONE WILL START CHECKING COUNTRY OF ORIGIN.  IF IT'S CHINA I'LL PASS  C,HINA IS NOT OUR FRIEND

The biggest problem is that U.S. tax laws make it cheaper and reduce taxes if U.S. companies outsource to China and a multitude of other countries. Nothing will change until tax laws change.

China already stopped buying corn, grain, and beef from the U.S. because of tariffs. Farmers and consumers are paying for those tariffs. This accounts for huge price increases in clothes, electronics, food, etc etc etc.

Remember, if we don't buy from other countries, they don't buy from us. 

Frequent Contributor

Since I was a child  I  would  always see "Made in China" on every thing.

I  love Temptations, and I  have a lot of them  but they are made in China and  it has been  bothering me.

Honored Contributor

There's a TV ad running in my area in the Mid-Atlantic right now for Stihl, Inc. (sells chainsaws and other power tools).  Their proud, Made in America commercial tells you that they are located in VA Beach, VA.  You wait the entire commercial to read the tiny fine print across the screen that they use parts manufactured overseas. 

Looking deeper, you'll find that a huge part Stihl, Inc.'s business  is not just getting parts from China specifically, but also manufacturing tools for China and Asian markets.

So you may think it's easy for a 100% made in  America goods & services country.  But that is unrealistic (in a huge way) and naive.  It's not even what's happening today with a lot of the Made in America large companies.  Commerce is and will be complex and very international, including China.  

It goes both ways.  If you want to see large companies stop manufacturing in China, millions of Americans will be out of work too.   

Honored Contributor

@PhillyGirl23 wrote:

Don't get gas at Lukoil- Russia-owned!

China I am okay with - They manufacture far too many things

@PhillyGirl23    I heard 10% of our oil supply comes from Russia.  Seems we ought to be able to make up the difference by pumping more.  It's currently very carefully controlled and each pump has a limit.

Never heard of Lukoil; must be a Pennsylvania thing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Some towns in NJ want to shut down the Lukoil gas stations. Owners upset of course.