Super Contributor

You can't fight City Hall

That's why when they show rings I look at the band picture to see if it says China.

Luckily Judith Ripka's bands say Thailand and I am so grateful for that.

ripka.jpg

Valued Contributor

Geez OP..... shouting isn't necessary to get your point across.

Super Contributor

While I sympathize, you would be hard-pressed to find goods NOT made in China. This is today's world, and we can only do the best that we can. 

Respected Contributor

Get real.....and realistic. 

Super Contributor

This is the price we paid for cheaper prices. Most textiles were made in North and South Carolina and other parts of the country but as consumers we didn't want prices to go up so they moved to China and other parts of the world. We are now in a situation where we are angry and complain about these countries but we did it to ourselves. As for the Q they have no control where manufactuers of goods have their products made, only the ones they are in control of. If you don't like the made in China logo, I truly understand that but their citizens are in the same situations as American workers with very little pay. In America we have workers making less wages as some of their workers. So I am like everyone else if and when things will be made in this country will take years, just like it took years for them to move operations overseas. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree with OP.  Isaac's clothing used to be mostly made in Vietnam.  Now I am getting some items made in China.  Why?  

I got a darling D&C top today made in China.  I think D&C did use mostly China.  

I have four items coming and then I'm finished.  I want to know where items are made before I buy.  Returns are also expensive on QVC.  At least at my B&M stores, I can either be there and see where they are made, or if it's online, the in-store returns are easy and free.  

To the person who had to make the wisecrack about the phones/computers being made in China - You have to start somewhere and clothing is where I'm starting.  You sound like someone who wouldn't try to change anything no matter how bad.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm sure QVC will miss you. What are you going to do about the rest of the brick/mortar stores where you shop?

And, if something says "made in USA" and has many parts, you better know where those parts came from. It would be better said as "assembled in America".

Is it just China on your list or other countries as well. Because imported can mean Vietnam, Thailand, Indonesia, and plenty of others.

Contributor

I totally agree with you.  I am trying very hard NOT to buy anything from China.  QVC doesn't say where the item was manufactured, so it is very hard to find out until you get it.

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I do not want to support China or Russia.  It's time to bring manufacturing back to the US.

Honored Contributor

@STYLE    For Pete's sake use some common sense.  Perhaps you are clueless as to what's made in China?  If we quit buying goods made there, we would have to do without cell phones, computers, video games, televisions, major appliances (do you enjoy having a refrigerator?), medical equipment, pharmaceuticals, much of our better made clothing, linens, auto parts and all types of industrial machinery.....the list goes on and on.

Plus if we quit buying from them, they'd undoubtedly quit buying from us.  How many jobs would be lost in the US if China quit buying Intel microchips for the electronics they manufacture?  How about all the agricultural products they buy?

In short, it behooves us to keep buying because we need them a heck of a lot more than they need us.  Get away from oggling over style and take a course on or at least do some research on international commerce.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment