Frequent Contributor

BEEKMAN WHIPPED BODY CREAM HELP WITH "CREPINESS" AND "WRINKLES" ON YOUR BODY?

i AM GOING TO ORDER THE "UNSCENTED" BODY CREAM TSV, BUT WOULD L IKE TO KNOW IF THIS HELPS WITH SMOOTHING OUT THE SKIN ON YOUR "BODY" SUCH AS CREPINESS?.....AND, CAN I USE THE "TARTE PRINCESS BODY BRONZER" POWDER WHICH I PURCHASED ON QVC YESTERDAY RIGHT AFTER I USE THE WHIPPED BODY CREAM WITHOUT IT STREAKING OR BEING DISCOLORED FROM THE BEEKMAN WHIPPED BODY CREAM?  THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN WHIPPED BODY CREAM HELP WITH "CREPINESS" AND "WRINKLES" ON YOUR BODY

Buy it - try it - but don't expect miracles.............Josie's cream dosen't deliver what she claims.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BEEKMAN WHIPPED BODY CREAM HELP WITH "CREPINESS" AND "WRINKLES" ON YOUR BODY

Neither does Crepe Erase or Perliers body lotion promises.  If your skin is well hydrated, look in the mirror, that is as good as it gets with an OTC product.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

I agree with what as been said. I have both Beekman and Josie Maran body moisturizer. Both will take away the crepiness for a time. I find the JM moisturizer keeps my skin moisturized longer and the crepiness disappears for the day. Unfortunately the crepiness returns the next day, so you have to keep the skin moisturized for it to look at least somewhat better.

Respected Contributor

@SweetSpice I keep my skin very well hydrated, but I am 60 & it isn't as smooth as it was before. It is just life. I haven't used the Beekman, but it's just moisturizer, so if your skin is being moisturized now, it probably won't look much different.

As far as the powder bronzer, I would let the cream absorb for a few minutes before applying the powder & it should be fine.

Did you get a brush with yours? A large, looser bristled brush will glide over without grabbing better than a denser, kabuki style, so you can adjust that way, also.

Honored Contributor

To help with firming and crepiness, I suggest trying body creams that have good skincare ingredients in them, such as the ones from Isomers that contain peptides like Matrixyl, not just ones with oils and butters. they make good moisturizers but that is it. 

Respected Contributor

Don't waste your money. Beekmans and Crepe Erase and alll others are over- hyped MOISTURIZERS. Use any decent drugstore moisturizer for the same results. 

Respected Contributor

I kinda agree with @ellaphant .  I tried Beekman body cream and wasn't wowed by it at all. No better than any other IMO.  Will stick with my Josie BB. It's pretty overpriced too though.

Frequent Contributor

I have tried several moisturizers from QVC, living in desert. Josie, philosophy, l'occitane and I love the Beekman products, it absorbs so much better than oil based moisturizers.  The pH of goat milk is very similar to human pH and sinks into th skin better.

As a nurse I wash my hands often and find goat milk based products work well.

Cannot really speak to creepiness.  If skin is kept hydrated, it reduces crepe.  Good luck!