Trusted Contributor

Re: BE aFRaID--Be VeRY AFrAID---The Q CARD CURSE

@FancyPhillyshopper Thanks for that very clever verse!

I don't see the advantages of having a Qcard, but it appears there are a lot of disadvantages.  Hope you can ditch them soon and get a better card.  There are lots of them out there.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper : I enjoyed reading your poem. I’m sorry you had this hassle.

I don’t see much of an advantage to having the Q card, especially b/c of QVC’s new policy of EZ Pays for ALL their customers, for every item, regardless of which credit card is used.

I find cash-back credit cards to be more beneficial, as others have also said.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper   After reading your post I cancelled my Q Card. I only got one because of the $100. Credit which I used.

I order online and the default to the Q card is a concern. There are more steps to remember. I get points for my other card so use it. 
   Thank you for reminding me to cancel it. Cute poem!

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

I've had a Q card for years with no issues whatsoever with easy pays.

no issues for me either and i have had the Q CARD for years.

no issues with easy pays, no issues with charges, no issues with billing, no issues with payments. i receive both paper bills and can access my account online.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@shopperqvc wrote:

I first dealt with synchrony bank because of my Q Card. We went a few rounds when that bank would not let me pay off the small amount I owed on my card. I was forced to make the minimum payments until it was paid off.

Even after sending them a check for the full amount, they took out the minimum payment and then mailed me a check for the balance back. When I sent them back the check they wrote to me, they told me that since the check they wrote on their bank was not made out to them they could not cash their own check.

I finally had to make, I think it was 3 payments, at the minimum until it was paid off. That last payment, I cut up the card and mailed it to them and told them I would no longer be their customer.

Round two. I went to my dentist's office and they wanted me to sign up for CareCredit. So, I tried that not knowing that was also synchrony bank. I spoke to a lady (young kid) and she told me to go to a web site on my smart phone. I said I have a tablet, but not a phone. 

Went to the web site. She asked are you on there now? I said I was, and MY tablet then took a picture of me. I asked if she was the reason my tablet took a photo. She said yes, now place your driver's license on the tablet. I asked, why, and she said we have to be sure of who we are talking to. I told her to send me her photo and driver's license first since I have no idea who it is I'm talking to. 

She closed off the connection, and a few days later I got a loan denial in the mail from good old synchrony bank. Had I known that was who I was talking to, I would not have called the number at all. I didn't know that was who Care Credit was. 

They seem to be all over providing loans for doctors, dentists even vetrenary services. I won't deal with them again.

I had a Q Card since back in the late 1980's. I never had any sort of problem with them.Then they changed banks. Never again unles they get a different provider. 

@shopperqvc 

Wow!  I've never hear of that for any credit card. I've always paid the full balance on all my credit cards, never the minimum--including my QCard.

If that had happened to me, I would have closed that card too.  And never dealt with that bank again.

Me neither.  What i think happened was that QVC sends the easy pay payments monthly.  So she literally couldn't pay off the balance till the payments hit her card, three to six months out.   That is not the cards fault.  I have the HSN card by Syn, no problem.  The common thread on all these posts is easy pays.  

Trusted Contributor

@Marp:

That's absolutely obscene! I'm glad I don't have a Q card! As a matter of fact, I don't have any store credit cards.  

Honored Contributor

My credit card offers dollar amount rewards. What does the Q Card offer? I can use my credit card for any purchase on QVC with or without easy pay.

The only advantage (disadvantage) of the Q Card is the extra one or two easy payments given on some expensive items. Sometimes they'll stretch it out over a year for diamonds or electronics. In my mind, if that many payments are needed to afford the purchase, it may not be wise for your budget. 

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

@Marp:

That's absolutely obscene! I'm glad I don't have a Q card! As a matter of fact, I don't have any store credit cards.  

@Buffalogal47   The only store card I have is Nordstrom. I have it to be able to shop their sales early. I never purchase enough to earn the points needed for "notes" or gift certificates or whatever they've changed the name to. That's the only times during the year I use that card.