Valued Contributor

BE HONEST WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS

QVC, you just sold as a TSV Clark slip-ons....unfortunately there were no reviews posted prior to the sale of the shoe.  So we all order the shoe and now the reviews almost all say the same thing....THE SIZING WAS WRONG!  Everybody is returning these shoes and it is not right you charge us for return S&h and even S&H for the original purchase........THE SHOES ARE TOO DARN BIG!  I am going  to call CS and see if they will refund the return charges.....this just is  not right....pitiful business practice (of course you make money with return fees) and Clark's...you ought to be ashamed  of yourself and the lady who sells the shoes too- DISGRACEFUL

Esteemed Contributor

Re: BE HONEST WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS

I bought them too - arrived yesterday - no problems.  However, think I heard that the day they presented this slip-on ....was the first time - a new shoe.  Therefore, there couldn't be an reviews (yet).

Honored Contributor

@grooms- You can exchange them for the correct size at no cost, so I don't see what the problem is.

However, you said less than three weeks ago that QVC had abominable customer service (amongst other things) and that you were "outta here", so I'm surprised you would even still be shopping with them.

Why not find a retailer (online or B&M) with whom you can be happy?  It's not worth the aggravation to keep shopping with one that doesn't seem to suit you.  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It does look like the vast majority of the reviews for this shoe state the same problem -- way too big.   Interesting that the 5-star reviews mostly say they purchased the metallic color.  I would wager a bet that the metallic version is a stiffer leather, and the other colors are the softer, buttery leather they talked about all day.  I wonder if the manufacturer did not take that into consideration when sizing.

I would not pay the return fee; point customer service to the reviews.  QVC takes bogus 5-star reviews from people who clearly state they never even bought the item.  Let them now really pay attention to the reviews that obviously purchased it and have an overwhelmingly common complaint.  That should be on Clarks, not the customer.

I still would not say something dishonest happened (or to the point of being disgraceful either).  That's reaching a bit.  Stuff happens.

Honored Contributor

It's probably quite difficult to know who was honest anf who wasn't.  My understanding with shoes is that something over 30% of shoes ordered online or from TV get returned.  That would mean for the TSV alone, 30,000 shoppers might be returning their orders!  But it could also mean 70,000 were okay with what arrived!

I didn't order the TSV, but that las ;little to do with whether I tought QVC and Clarks were being honest.  I just know I have horrific feet, so 99% of all my shoes come from local stores.  The other 1% -  those are the occasional repeats I manage to find online.

Respected Contributor

I have been hearing negative stories about Clarks shoes on these blogs for some time. I am reluctant to order any shoes from QVC just because I don't want to pay return shipping if the shoe doen't fit. A misfitting shoe is not something that can be ignored. In your case, I would return the shoes for a refund and take Clarks shoes off your QVC ordering list.

Honored Contributor

I will NEVER buy shoes online!!! My feet have changed and I need to have them physically in front of me so I can try them on, walk around in them before I buy!! I can't tell you how many times I have had to send shoes back, wasting time and lots of $$ doing so.  

Honored Contributor

QVC did the same thing with a suede Clark wedge heeled shoe last fall.  It ran so narrow, people literally couldn't get the shoes on their feet.  They had to have known about the poor fit but never a word was said about the narrow width.  There were many angry customers.  They seem to be using TSVs to dump undesirable merchandise.  They're going to acquire quite a reputation for their lack of corporate ethics.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624wrote:

QVC did the same thing with a suede Clark wedge heeled shoe last fall.  It ran so narrow, people literally couldn't get the shoes on their feet.  They had to have known about the poor fit but never a word was said about the narrow width.  There were many angry customers.  They seem to be using TSVs to dump undesirable merchandise.  They're going to acquire quite a reputation for their lack of corporate ethics.

@Kachina624 In the description of the recent TSV, it says “fits true to size”. Be honest if they run big. I can easily go down 1/2 size....Don’t have customers order and pay shipping. Mine aren’t here yet, but won’t take advantage of free exchange. Bad business...don’t want any part of it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Veneziawrote:

@grooms- You can exchange them for the correct size at no cost, so I don't see what the problem is.

However, you said less than three weeks ago that QVC had abominable customer service (amongst other things) and that you were "outta here", so I'm surprised you would even still be shopping with them.

Why not find a retailer (online or B&M) with whom you can be happy?  It's not worth the aggravation to keep shopping with one that doesn't seem to suit you.  Woman Frustrated

There are conditions to their exchange policy...only if QVC keeps the same item# sometimes they don't.  AND you can only exchange if they have the replacement size in stock---if the item was popular small chance of that!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”