Honored Contributor

It seems lots of posters are frustrated with QVC's "backorder" showing up on orders for items, that when first placed, were in stock, but then when you recheck even while the "backorder" notation is showing, those items are still in stock.

I ordered four items on May 10 - three different brands - that were all in stock on that day, as well as in stock today 5/14, - but are showing "backorder" on my order status page. Oddly enough, estimated delivery is still May 17.

I did read someone's comment on one of the threads that these "backorder" notations show up perhaps because some shipment didn't arrive at QVC from a manufacturer when expected, but that isn't the customer's problem so why surprise the customer by indicating "backorder"?

What an odd and puzzling way to do business.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

I agree, shipping is a mess.

Good business practice is to notify customers in Advance about known potential  problems.  

The re-do of the shipping system / department was significant; the-powers-that-be MUST surely have known well in advance that it would cause issues.

Really BAD PR allowing it to crash down on paying customers with no warning.  Perhaps they worried it would hurt sales?

If so, PENNY wise, DOLLAR very foolish!   💸💸💸

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Key wording: In Advance.  You're so right, @Drythe 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.