Trusted Contributor

Re: Awful Selection on "Black Friday" items.

The "QVC Sampler" all over again.

Respected Contributor

If Re: Awful Selection on "Black Friday" items.

@sashamatthews wrote:

The "QVC Sampler" all over again.

Many of us designate blocks of time (hours) waiting and were left disappointed. If this is a sign of things to come the QVC Holiday season is going to underwhelm.  I remember years ago I would watch sometimes 16 hours a day of the Gift shows and buy !!  It was fun.  They have a fan on today and are devoting way too much time to this item.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: If Re: Awful Selection on "Black Friday" items.

....Did I miss something ? I heard abt  Black Friday last night on Dare to Share broadcast . I had to google  " Black Friday "  as I thought it falls the day after Thanksgiving .

I didn't see to many deals . There were some   fashion items on clearance - guess that's the Black Friday   a month early deals. The smokless indoor grill was $50  less .

Trusted Contributor

Looks like they are dumping last years stock.  I normally love watching Lori Greiner but her show was the same old same old.

Love the 6 easy payments but nothing jumped out and grabbed me.

Trusted Contributor

It might just be me, but it seems from Christmas in July onward, the Q is cleaning out the warehouses - getting rid of previous years' merchandise - and showing very little new.  I can recall from October till about mid-December, we would see a lot of new product, some even held for December to make it extra special.  

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Since 9/30 is the end of the third quarter, thinking they decided to try and move stagnant products out of their warehouse and boost sales figures. Do agree the Friday night products aired on David’s show were of no interest to me.

I did pick up this morning a good deal on Philosophy’s Holiday set of six 16ounce 3 in 1bathing products. For those who like this type of gift or stocking suffer, pretty good deal averaging $10 each with no shipping.
Esteemed Contributor

I watched most of David's show and was so unimpressed!   Most items were repeats!!  I do believe they were warehouse leftovers.  Boring show!

Respected Contributor

@corita wrote:

I watched most of David's show and was so unimpressed!   Most items were repeats!!  I do believe they were warehouse leftovers.  Boring show!

Disappointed that David actually said how excited he was about Black Friday before the show started.  He must have known the goods were sub-par ?

Respected Contributor

It's hard enought to watch this craptastic selection of stuff.....

Can you imagine the hosts in thier pre-show meetings trying to think of ways to get excited about selling this stuff?!?!?!?!

They must groan in unison when the selection is presented by the buyers in a power point at thier pre-show meetings:

"This year...we will be selling flashlights, light bulbs, tape measures, humidifiers and vegetable peelers!!!!....all the most asked for gifts for Black Friday!!!!"

Hosts look at each other nervously around the table....

"We'll sell a TON of them!!!" cries the buyer....."After all, no one else will be selling this junk at the REAL Black Friday sales!!!!"

David Venable goes on set later in the day on his show, and for ONE WHOLE HOUR during his COOKING show, he has to feign excitement about "the special"...(Some snoozer like the ubiquitous puffing steamer..or a set of six flashlights or tumblers.).

Yawn.

Respected Contributor

The only way the powers that be will hear us is if we stop buying items.  I dont know what the buyers were thinking - a tape measure, a TV Table and sets of fliaghlights as a Black Friday deal ? You have got to be kidding.