Contributor

At least my shirt gets to travel

I am still stuck at home during Covid, but at least my QVC order gets to travel.  I ordered a tshirt on March 21st, and so far it has been in Lancaster PA, Bridgeport NJ, Urbancrest OH, Columbus, OH, Warrendale PA, Cincinnati OH, and now back in Columbus OH.  I am trying to enjoy the trip vicariously and can't wait to see where it goes next!

Super Contributor

Re: At least my shirt gets to travel

At least your order is out and about. My Koolaburra TSV ordered on March 22 is still in process. 

Respected Contributor

@Marietherese1  LOL!  If it makes its way to TX, I'll take it out for some sightseeing.  

Honored Contributor

@Marietherese1 haha! great way to travel vicariously!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

You ladies have a lot more patience than I do.

Aside from late post office deliveries, I have stuck to my thought process that if any retailer does not ship my order within a reasonable time frame, given a week, I will no longer purchase from them.  Maybe harsh but I believe if its advertised and not so indicated as backordered, they have my money and I'm not waiting, thats just poor business practices.

Been doing this since for about 2 years and haven't missed the people who are on my no buy list.  Poor performance is not rewarded.

OP:   I am so sorry and I just can't imagine the condition of your item when it does arrive.

Valued Contributor

I'm sorry you are watching your shirt travel the country. Last summer I had a similar experience and was a little jealous since we had cancelled our vacation due to covid! Lol! I did enpventually receive my package so there is hope!

Respected Contributor

In my earlier years, I traveled quite a bit.  A time or three, I borrowed a casual dress from a friend to take with me.  She joked that her dress had been more places than she had.  So, that dress and your shirt both. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@Marietherese1   This is so funny! I made the same comment today to myself as I tracked a couple packages. They sure do get around. And if we mail a letter in this town to someone in town, it has to leave town, go to a post office 90 miles from here and then come back to town. I don't get it. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I totally agree with you. I live in S IL, I had several packages that went to Hazelwood, Mo., Des Moines, Ia., back to Hazelwood, Mo., and to my local post office. I live about 1.5 hours from Hazelwood. Someone needs to look into the Hazelwood sorting center as I have had some packages lost there for weeks. Just a great laugh!

Trusted Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

You ladies have a lot more patience than I do.

Aside from late post office deliveries, I have stuck to my thought process that if any retailer does not ship my order within a reasonable time frame, given a week, I will no longer purchase from them.  Maybe harsh but I believe if its advertised and not so indicated as backordered, they have my money and I'm not waiting, thats just poor business practices.

Been doing this since for about 2 years and haven't missed the people who are on my no buy list.  Poor performance is not rewarded.

OP:   I am so sorry and I just can't imagine the condition of your item when it does arrive.

@Just Bling 

Your comments make sense, but don't take into account the reality about how things work now. Your vendors aren't being rewarded, but they're not being punished, either. They are marketing at scale, and it's just not cost effective to spend a lot of time on an individual buyer. For a big retailer, Q doesn't do too badly by today's standards in trying to keep its customers happy.