Honored Contributor

Re: Artic Expedition Quilted Coat

I bought that in white when they first presented it months ago.

It was sitting on my couch when my two daughters saw it.

My oldest daughter started teasing me asking me if I think I live in the Tundra.  This girl is always cold.  She walks around her house in a quilted jacket.

But she put it on.  It was many sizes too big but she said, "OMG!  This thing is crazy hot!"  Mom!  Are you going to keep this thing? You'll never wear it"!

Then the daughter who lives in Denver said, "Mom!  I've never heard or seen you be cold!  This thing is even too warm for me."

So I tried it on.  It fit and they were right....it was very, very warm.

I live in Northern Va and am seldom outside for long periods of time.  Maybe when I was younger it would be good.  If we went out to play in the snow.

But the truth is I'm seldom out in the weather for very long.

So, I sent it back.  I almost ordered it again...then I remembered how freaking hot it was.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

They mentioned in AM Style that this year's coat was in fact an updated version based on customer feedback...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@eddyandme 

They mentioned in AM Style that this year's coat was in fact an updated version based on customer feedback...

Thanx, @Spurt .  I heard them say they updated the coat, particularly the zipper.  Also was pleased that it's somewhat shorter and material is more flexible.  I did order it in the Red Chili!Woman LOL  I usually go for the basics and was gonna order the black when I found out the navy was on waitlist; but, I called in the order instead of ordering online and the red was available - so I went for it!!!

Though I have the driveway plowed - usually - if not enough snow, I have to shovel so I'm out there quite a while (driveway is apx 250' long) and in front of garage and sidewalks and steps - I get cold!  Think this will keep my drier, too.

Thanks again for thinking of me!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@eddyandme 

Thanx, @Spurt .  I heard them say they updated the coat, particularly the zipper.  Also was pleased that it's somewhat shorter and material is more flexible.  I did order it in the Red Chili!Woman LOL  I usually go for the basics and was gonna order the black when I found out the navy was on waitlist; but, I called in the order instead of ordering online and the red was available - so I went for it!!!

Though I have the driveway plowed - usually - if not enough snow, I have to shovel so I'm out there quite a while (driveway is apx 250' long) and in front of garage and sidewalks and steps - I get cold!  Think this will keep my drier, too.

Thanks again for thinking of me!

@eddyandme 

Glad I could help....I hope you enjoy your beautiful red coat--- happy shoveling..... 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Contributor

One of the presentations i watched said the outside material is all new (last year's was so stiff), and put in a whole different zipper - apparently they listed to the complaints from last year.  I sent the coat back last year too - but - bought one this year.  Haven't received it yet - so - the jury is still out.  But - I did hear they fixed last year's problems.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad to hear that this year's coat was improved upon from last year.  I have never heard of this brand before, but I watched one presentation and thought it sounded like something I could use.

I have three winter coats, but I realize that they don't go too far past my bottom.  I live on Long Island and it gets quite cold here during the winter, so I do need a little extra warmth.  We walk our dogs and go on nature hikes all year long, so this seemed perfect for me.  I bought it in the Ivy.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have the one from last year and it is very warm and yes IMO it is also pretty stiff. Since I didn't wear it a lot, I didn't order another one - even though this one is new and improved since I couldn't justify spending the $ in my head.

I didn't have any issue with the zipper fortunately just the fact that the coat material was stiff. Perhaps I should have returned it but since it mostly worked and has an inside pocket I kept it. Just the way it goes.