Valued Contributor

Ummm.. that's exactly what I said, there are those that have the money because they are thrifty and that's usually the case. My point was they buy expensive just like some of us with less money do, and they too can be living paycheck to paycheck even though they have money. What I want to know is why you feel the need to get your back up over what I said. It's my opinion and my right to it, end of story. 

Esteemed Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Ummm.. that's exactly what I said, there are those that have the money because they are thrifty and that's usually the case. My point was they buy expensive just like some of us with less money do, and they too can be living paycheck to paycheck even though they have money. What I want to know is why you feel the need to get your back up over what I said. It's my opinion and my right to it, end of story. 

I’m not sure if you are responding to me. @KittySoftPaws  If yes, I was agreeing with you. In part. So, I don’t get your post.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't give a #&@$ about the price of QVC's food.  Its obvious someone is buying plenty of it.  I do care about people coming here name calling and insulting others.  That is out of line.

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't give a #&@$ about the price of QVC's food.  Its obvious someone is buying plenty of it.  I do care about people coming here name calling and insulting others.  That is out of line.

Thats all you do is insult people. Constantly.

@ellaphant    Okay, since you hate everyone and everything and never have a complimentary word to say about anything, you should easily be able to show me one post, just one where I insulted someone.  Anybody who constantly did that as you claim, would no longer be here.  Yeah, I've called your hand a few times when you make erroneous comments with your constant gripes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

And back to the original post.  Too much $ for me too, but it's not something that I would purchase from QVC for any price.  I have purchased several different food items, and all were delicious.  It's just a matter of what the product is worth to you.

Those Jimmy the Baker cinnamon rolls are worth it to me.  And so are the Just Bagels, but crab dip and pretzels?  nope.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@rms1954 

Yes...exactly.  I like Ferraris but can't afford one, but that's okay!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Are you kidding me?

[ Edited ]

It's possible to voice an opinion about the price or style of an item be it food, fashion, purses, beauty products, home decor,...gosh everything without being rude and insulting to those interested or purchasing the items. 

It's unfortunate that some can't distinguish a comment, not an opinion, that's wrapped around negative implications and connotations about those who purchase these items.

To want to fall back on the old, it's my opinion, it's their opinion, blah, blah isn't applicable since it's not within the spirit of the forum's guidelines. 

And what has become all too precious in this thread is someone being tired of people being insulted while they insult another poster for, in their opinion, being insulting. It's like something out of Abbott & Costello.

Respected Contributor

@september wrote:

@bombaycat wrote:
That is why it's called a forum. To start a thread and give your opinion. Learn how to communicate without being a bully.

And other people are giving their opinions.  That's how it works.  

why do you think people in upper income brackets wouldn't purchase from QVC?

Exactly @september,  What a weird thing to say. I know plenty of upper income people who shop QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Are you kidding me?

[ Edited ]

I don't think $70 is good far out of line for what it is.

My local Wegman's sells a soft pretzel with crab dip spread on top for $20.  You have to heat it up in your oven

They also sell those small soft pretzel bites for $8 and you get 12oz.  Crab is about $45 a lb if you can find it at that lower price.  I have seen it higher.

A local resturant sells a soft pretzel with crab spread on top for $14.50.

S&H isn't free and then there is dry ice included.

If you're not interested, just pass up the offer.  If you like seafood and want convience, go for it.

I am amazed that people will pay over $10 for a burger, small fry and drink at a fast food place and think nothing of it, but complain about paying for a quality item.

Honored Contributor

@KittySoftPaws wrote:

Exactly true, I believe there are two types of people with "wealth" those who make a lot of money but are still living paycheck to paycheck, and just broke at a higher level. Then there are those who are wealthy BECAUSE they shop thrifty and don't blow it on overpriced things they don't need. Truth is, more likely than not that both types shop here at the Q.

You forgot about the third type of people.  Some people don't have money worries.  If they want something, they buy it because they can afford to.

Not everyone is broke or having financial difficulties.

Respected Contributor

I am not a real foodie, and definitely not a cook, but I can appreciate fine dining, and very well prepared food.  I know many people who spend a lot on grocery shopping, or going out to restaurants, etc., because that is what they like, and it is their choice to spend their money that way.

I started watching QVC for jewelry and fashions.

However, I have definitely ordered QVC food, and I think those specialty items are great splurges for special occasions like the holidays. DH would love that crab dip, but I am not a big seafood fan, so I will not purchase it.  I do not judge the price to be necessarily excessive, especially if it is a gift, because I am a person who prefers real diamonds to diamonique, and ALL fine jewelry is sky-high these days.

All vendors would prefer to sell a lot of consumables, because they are great for profit.  Food, perfume, make-up, alcohol, etc. all fall under that category at QVC.  People always have to come back for more!  Shopping is never an investment--it is just the choice of how you want to dispose of your income.