Trusted Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

I love Jimmy the Baker's cinnamon rolls and his enormous chocolate chip cookies.  Also ordered the Heartland Fresh Chicken Fried Chicken and have it on auto delivery.

I agree that their food prices are way too high.

Super Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

For many years I bought and enjoyed prime rib roasts from Kansas City Steaks.  They became too expensive several years ago.

I still buy and enjoy the pot stickers when they are on sale.

I use bill to ship to for my sister's Christmas gift of Junior's individual cheesecake assortment.  She enjoys them.

Until they dincontinued it I bought Junior's pumpkin pie cheesecake for quite a few years.  I make nearly all the desserts I serve but truly enjoyed the combination of flavors in that cheesecake.

Respected Contributor

I'm on auto delivery for the chicken fried chicken. Can't think of the brand name right now but it's very good. 

Respected Contributor

I’ve only bought one food item but it was excellent - Heartland chicken fried chicken.   I got the 9 pack that came with the gravy but I did not use the gravy.   I bake them in the oven for about 5-10 minutes longer than the instructions on the package.   Our favorite way to eat them were as chicken sandwiches - put in a bun with mayo, a couple pieces of crisp bacon, tomato and lettuce.  Really good!

Trusted Contributor

Nope, the food items are not for lthe faint of heart, the prices just keep rising I lthink the philosophy is if you the customers doesn't balk then lets keep raising them for more profit. No cake is worth $72.00. We found most of the items we could purchase locally and a lot cheaper so Costco gets a lot of our money if we want to buy in bulk. I do purchase the bagels and lovel them, its the one treat I allow myself without feeling guilty.

Trusted Contributor

My local Stop & Shop carries Mancini meatballs very cheap.  I tried them and

did not care for them at all.  Glad I didn't order from QVC too expensive from them.

Super Contributor

The two I have purchased are on auto ship-- the butter croissants and the potstickers. Both are very good, but you have to do your homework on the prices. There are great deals on both once in a while. Very satisfied on the food quality. Not too keen on the other food items, and as many have mentioned, too high a price for most of the other items offered. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I never bought Mama's from QVC, but a local gourmet shop stocks them often -  but only one flavor;   The only time I tried it I had house company -  that cake never left the kitchen counter!  If I did put it away, next thing I knew someone had it out and was snacking.

Price was similar to QVC's at that time and I was okay with it.  Better coffee cake than any others available to me.  Haven't bought one for a few years -  maybe splurge for the holidays.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My Grandma's Cinnamon Walnut Coffee Cake is sold in some supermarkets in the frozen food section......like Central Market here in Texas

Same number of ounces and OMG less than half the price.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@maximillion wrote:

The only food item that I have purchased were Cheryl's Cookies

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love them! they're calorie and fat bombs but I have them just once a year...I also send them to my son and his family at Christmas.