Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

@kaydee50 wrote:

I never understood why anyone would buy food from any shopping channel.   Don't know about the quality but way, way overpriced.

Some of us (many of us) are staying at home because of the pandemic and it's worth the cost for the convenience (once in a while), so this is a lot easier.

Respected Contributor

Re: Are there any food items that you bought at QVC that you think were worth the expense?

I've purchased the Mrs. P's apples.  I think they're good.  I just don't buy them anymore because my daughter will eat one or two and share with me but the rest are on me.  My husband doesn't like them.  I find myself struggling towards the end.

Respected Contributor

For all those who comment about prices, well everyone has their own set of priorities, Most know the prices and availability of items in their area. I'm at a stage in life where I would no longer spend $250 for a purse but others salivate over them and don't think twice about. People purchase the food items for a variety of reasons. Shipping to loved ones has always been one of them, and cost to me is a secondary concern behind whether I think someone would enjoy it. 

Honored Contributor

We used to get the Enstrom's toffee as a gift every year and thought it was awful.  We never ate but but didn't have the heart to tell the people not to send it.   So year after year. . .

Respected Contributor

@Sooner @I have to ask, do you like English Toffee? I know not everyone cares for candy, but if you enjoy milk chocolate English Toffee then to me Enstrom's is one of the best. And trust me I've tried lots of toffee in my lifetime. I especially enjoy the single wrapped bite size pieces. Genius way to not overindulged. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

We have purchased several items.  I do not think all things are high priced but some are for sure.  Buy only specials  and free shipping.

Chicken, steak, burgers, cookies, apples, pot stickers, popcorn, crab cakes, meatballs and sauce.  We have some on auto delivery too.

We always eat at home and enjoy doing so.  What some would spend out we spend on special items from Qvc and for more than one meal too.

I like my freezer filled with a variety of foods.  So far have enjoyed most.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Heartland chicken fried chicken with or without biscuits. This is a staple in my freezer.  15 minutes in air fryer and delicious and filling. Great on sandwich, cut up over salad, as dinner with a veggie. I have my daughter hooked on them too. 
Grandmas coffee cakes are good but I can buy them locally and cheaper.

Mama Mancini meatballs are in my local supermarket too.

I have tried Cheryls cookies with frosting and they are very good but expensive. I like to bake so I make my own cookies.

Contributor

Love the pot stickers..have on auto delivery!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, the apples. Just made a purchase.  I give them as gifts to neighbors.  And of course I save one for me and hubby. Usually they are really good, except for one year and the Q helped me out.  They were soft and without taste.  But normally I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM.  

Honored Contributor

Sweet Sam's lemon pound cake.  I've ordered it several times and have it in the freezer right now. It's not sold anywhere else near me and DH and I both love it.